Blown diff in the U.P - looking for some advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Also FWIW - I saw two amazing Cruisers on 131 S coming home and I'm curious who you were.

Gorgeous pre-95 80 series, silver with maroon lower trim on what looked like 35's towing a little tractor.
2003-2005 gold LC

Anyways, the shop towing my truck was nice enough to loan me the ugliest rust bucket Blueberry blue HHR to come home in.

Also FWIW - I saw two amazing Cruisers on 131 S coming home and I'm curious who you were.

Gorgeous pre-95 80 series, silver with maroon lower trim on what looked like 35's towing a little tractor.
2003-2005 gold LC

Anyways, the shop towing my truck was nice enough to loan me the ugliest rust bucket Blueberry blue HHR to come home in.
I sold my gold ‘04 to a guy in Cadillac. I’ve wondered if it’s still around. Probably the most regrettable sale I’ve ever made…..wish I still had that one.

Ha, funny you mention that. Nostalgia for my old 97 LX got me yesterday. After some research I found it in Pagosa Springs, CO. That was a BIG mistake selling that truck.

@Sandroad Any particular reason for the regret? I see you're in a 200 and the reason I ask is I've been looking hard at getting a 200 for about 3 months now for towing purposes vs the 100. I've heard a handful of people say something to this effect and after driving several 200's I guess I wonder if I'm missing something?

You know how it is though... you put $15k worth of elbow grease into a truck and get rid of it only to realize how much you liked it.

Ha, funny you mention that. Nostalgia for my old 97 LX got me yesterday. After some research I found it in Pagosa Springs, CO. That was a BIG mistake selling that truck.

@Sandroad Any particular reason for the regret? I see you're in a 200 and the reason I ask is I've been looking hard at getting a 200 for about 3 months now for towing purposes vs the 100. I've heard a handful of people say something to this effect and after driving several 200's I guess I wonder if I'm missing something?

You know how it is though... you put $15k worth of elbow grease into a truck and get rid of it only to realize how much you liked it.
The regret is in not keeping the 100 as a second LC. For my uses (primarily towing any of my 4 trailers), the 200 is better in every aspect. I had taken really good care of the 100 and just wish I still had it to play with. I would never go back to a 100 as my only LC after having the 200. For that matter, I wish I still had my 80 too. 3 seems to me to be pretty much the minimum for LC ownership. ;)

Can’t help ya there, but next time if you’re in a situation there’s UP jeeps, who will do free recoveries if you can contact them via Facebook, and i also have friends who wheel scattered across the UP in almost every midsize town.

Rig is back together... ring gear as suspected. I'm going to tear down the old diff myself to see the extent of the damage.

Now that the dust has settled I'm going over options moving forward - I am interested in getting F/R lockers now at this point and I kept the old front diff that was just replaced.

Anyone have a lead on a trustworthy drive-train shop in West Michigan? I'll be honest I am leery of getting this done around here but I also realize I may just be ignorant.

image000000.JPG

For this project I’d only trust expedition vehicle outfitters near lansing, however i think Ray has had good luck with neeleys in Marne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom