Crank, no start. Uncertain on a few things (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All 2F pumps will work fine. The question is about the pump spacer. 1986 pump came with a spacer. Did you reuse the spacer? This would be incorrect if you did.

From @3_puppies
"easy way to figure if it needs a spacer on the fuel pump
3 lines at the pump needs a spacer, 79 and newer in stock form
2 lines at the pump no spacer needed, 78 and older in stock form"

A side question is what are you using for a fuel return? 1974 or none? See Mark and Kurt's comments in this recent short thread. (This has nothing to do with your fuel flow issues.)

All 2F pumps will work fine. The question is about the pump spacer. 1986 pump came with a spacer. Did you reuse the spacer? This would be incorrect if you did.

From @3_puppies
"easy way to figure if it needs a spacer on the fuel pump
3 lines at the pump needs a spacer, 79 and newer in stock form
2 lines at the pump no spacer needed, 78 and older in stock form"
BINGO!!!!

Spacer wasn't removed!!! I removed the spacer, reinstalled, and now I have fuel. Unfortunately because of the lousy fitting that I bought, fuel sprayed everywhere. Turned it off. Disconnected.

So now I move onto the next question. With the 76 style pump, what are others doing to get from the output into the hard line?

I purchased a fitting from a performance center, but it did not fit correctly, even though it was spacecraft engineered super aluminum. It was crap.

What to do here?

IMG_0165.jpeg

Last edited:
Use factory parts and some 8mm (I think) metal tube.
OEM olive 96395-71400
OEM union nut 90402-13041

Slide the metal line thru the union nut and slide on the olive then tighten down. Buy a few olives since they are cheap. Worst case you have some spares.

You can search around here using the key words "olive" and "union nut" for more/better info.

A simpler plan is to just use the 86 fuel pump (if you have it and it's good). You don't have to deal with those fittings and it comes with a built in return port. Win-win. These fuel pumps can fail in such a way as they leak fuel into the crankcase, so if the one you are using is old (or unknown) maybe consider going for the sure thing (new OEM 23100-61050, be sure to use the spacer).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom