Craigslist Search Utility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wrote a little search utility to make my life easier when I was searching for my 80, shopping for lenses, etc. on Craigslist. I posted this some time ago on the 80 tech page. I waited until I finally got the initiative to get a domain name and get it linked with my server to make the announcement here. And I added a third search field. Anyway, here is the link:

States

There is a writeup on the 80s tech page on how to use it here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/243020-craigslist-search.html

Basically, I got tired of searching "Denver" for "Land Cruiser" and then "Landcruiser" and then "LX450" and then going and doing the same miserable thing for "Boulder" and then "Ft Collins" and then, well you get the idea.

This app lets you say what you want to look for and dispatches the queries and writes them back in one response. You can limit it so you don't have to see 56 when there are only a couple new ones per day. It also condenses the output with smaller font and packs the links a little which I like.

It will also let you search other categories other than cars, just look at the pulldown.

If there are any errors like some city doesn't work or Craigs has added a city since I last updated, go ahead and PM me and I'll fix it. Craigs has also changed the category variables from time to time so I have to tweak it every 6 mos or so.

Paul

This thread led me to my favorite search for Craigslist..No frills, no flashing ads..JUST the stuff I wanted...sooo disappointed its not working anymore!

sarca said:
This thread led me to my favorite search for Craigslist..No frills, no flashing ads..JUST the stuff I wanted...sooo disappointed its not working anymore!

Dang I was just coming back to this thread to get the site and find it's down?

Soooo sad to see this utility no longer available - was my fav way to search craigslist.

Craigslist is so dumb... For real...

Search utilities make our lives much easier. Craig can eat it for not seeing that. This is CL just being jerks.

Sad day

I was hoping the other day my phone was not working but looks like this is down for the count lets hope it gets back up and running I really would like it back up

pmccumber, thanks for the engine. You helped me find my 74 FJ40 2 states away and I can't thank you enough!

Quick Tip from another IT guy, instead of clicking back and changing cities, just change the city name in the address bar up top and hit enter. It will keep the same search term, Land Cruiser, and just search a different city. Ex Below

http://[U]atlanta[/U].craigslist.org/search/?areaID=14&subAreaID=&query=land+cruiser&catAbb=sss

and change to

http://[U]miami.[/U]craigslist.org/search/?areaID=14&subAreaID=&query=land%20cruiser&catAbb=sss

Cheers

This blows...

Really wish this was working again I used it all the time!

Same here. I don't understand how the iPad and iPhone apps do it and the desktop tools have been shutdown. Is it just a matter of abiding by their rules and doing it their way?

This was the best tool out there for this type of search!

Same here, I don't use craigslist nearly as much as I used to now that this search engine is gone

All Craigslist

If you google "all craigslist", you get this. Not the same but works in a pinch.

Somebody just told me about this, I had no idea.

All of Craigslist

Last edited:
I use searchtempest now that the mccumber link no longer works. It isn't as good but it's categorized and pretty easy to use once you choose your settings.

This is the greatest thing to happen since i originally discovered mccumbers!

Id like to think my threatening letters to Craig made a difference..

Hooray! How I have MISSED this craigslist search! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom