Craigslist Finds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered a second one for $29 from amazon. I have an older one and was considering getting an extended life second battery, but for $10 more dollars I get a second radio with a longer life battery 1800mah anyway. Both ebay and amazon have them for as low as $29 with the accessories, seems pretty cheap, and then I can loan one out if needed as well. The newer one is supposed to have a better chip set and a better antenna. May still consider getting the 3800mah battery since the cradle charging is kind of a pain when driving. Not sure if there is a better option like USB2 or USBC for charging.

Yeah mine came quick, also came with an extended length antenna and computer programming cord (and a cd-rom - wtf am I going to do with that!). But yeah as far as charging I need to look into it too, agree using the AC/charge cradle in the truck isn't optimal.

There are several options, extra batteries, 12v plug in battery pac etc. It's not like one talks on and on like CB's. I've had single charges last 4 or 5 days. Before one solves a problem they have to have a problem?

For mine, I purchased an external magnetic antenna, corded mic and a battery replacement cord that allows the radio to stay plugged into a 12v outlet inside the console. The radio when switched on, turns on/off with the ignition. I have the radio in the center console (tethered by cords) and the mic on the outside. It seemed to work well last weekend.

The negative of having it setup like mine.... I can't take it out of the truck and walk around with it quickly. I would need to unhook the antenna and slip the battery in. Probably less than a minute...but a pain.

Just texted the guy on this one.... hmmm

Last edited:
:oops: Few repairs? This would be a good candidate for a chop job/soft top, tube door wheeler.

I agree! If I had a garage and a driveway I'd buy it!! SOMEONE BUY THIS!! Lots of good parts

FWIW looked at this one today. Rust top to bottom - shame, too, because that two tone blue 🙌. ARB bumper is rusted to bits up front and rear Kaymar was dual swingout and could probably be salvaged - worth whatever you pay for the rig right there. Sliders were ok but welded on and not sure worth the effort to remove them and clean them up. Didn't know much about the engine and doesn't run so 🤷‍♂️. Any of the parts I was interested in were toast so onto the next one.

Good deal for someone looking for a RTT:

80 for $6500, no affiliation

Another for 6k, interior looks beat but the rest minus that scrub mark on the front fender looks ok

1996 80 with what appears to be lockers and cloth seats for $6500, may be worth a look if you want an 80.

1996 80 with what appears to be lockers and cloth seats for $6500, may be worth a look if you want an 80.

that looks like a tempting campin rig. you can see a locker switch on that pic?

LJ70 on eBay, ad says it's here in SD. Not cheap but looks good

LJ70 on eBay, ad says it's here in SD. Not cheap but looks good

@saltycoconuts is this your truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom