Cracked upper radiator receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leaving that radiator in there is Russian roulette. Replace that thing asap. If budget is tight, forget oem or mishimoto. Go aisin on Amazon.
Nah it's not that. I'm going to school in a town where there aren't really and shops that I trust.

Leaving that radiator in there is Russian roulette. Replace that thing asap. If budget is tight, forget oem or mishimoto. Go aisin on Amazon.
I mainly use tandem automotive
The places here only use AutoZone parts

I'm not sure I totally follow, but Amazon delivers virtually everywhere and they carry Aisin.
Sorry what I'm saying is that none of these shops were I'm located will let me supply my own parts and are very sketchy. I've never replaced my own radiator before so I might try and do it myself but not sure

Sorry what I'm saying is that none of these shops were I'm located will let me supply my own parts and are very sketchy. I've never replaced my own radiator before so I might try and do it myself but not sure
If you can remove a hose clamp, you can replace the radiator. It’s easier than changing a flat tire.

Ah, ok. Well, time to learn it yourself or take a road trip! You're in the right place to learn how to do it or learn where the best shops are near you (even if "near you" means 4 hours away).

It's pretty straightforward and not that hard to DIY. I did ours in my inlaws gravel driveway and it took me less than 2hrs start to finish. The hardest part was probably getting the new hoses on all the way

I will note that having some clamps or something for the transmission oil hoses will help keep those from draining out. I made-do by shoving a bolt into the hose, but a clamp would have been a better idea, just clamp off the hose.

If you're doing the rad + heater tees, I'd also recommend to do the thermostat. Our t-stat failed a year before the radiator and wouldn't open, so I did that and the heater tees at the same time.

I'd echo the sentiments above, changing out a radiator is no big deal. Pull the radiator hoses, pull the shroud, pull the radiator. Then do the same thing in reverse. Aisin radiator is a perfectly fine replacement. Aluminum is cool but probably not worth the money in your case, so I'd just go OEM style plastic and metal. It's cheaper and the OEM one lasted over 250k, so it's not like that design is faulty or anything.

Seriously, swapping the radiator is dead easy. My toddler could do it.

I'd echo the sentiments above, changing out a radiator is no big deal. Pull the radiator hoses, pull the shroud, pull the radiator. Then do the same thing in reverse. Aisin radiator is a perfectly fine replacement. Aluminum is cool but probably not worth the money in your case, so I'd just go OEM style plastic and metal. It's cheaper and the OEM one lasted over 250k, so it's not like that design is faulty or anything.

Seriously, swapping the radiator is dead easy. My toddler could do it.
a sixer of your favorite beer can make it downright enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom