Cracked dashes may potentially be resolved by Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Based on that price it sounds like rock auto is selling the aftermarket ''caps'' that lay over your existing dash and is held on by glue. I have the part numbers of the oem dashes and If i remember correct the top dash pad is about $6xx and the other part number which is the dash sub assembly is another several hundred.

Based on that price it sounds like rock auto is selling the aftermarket ''caps'' that lay over your existing dash and is held on by glue. I have the part numbers of the oem dashes and If i remember correct the top dash pad is about $6xx and the other part number which is the dash sub assembly is another several hundred.
What's the difference between the top dash pad and the sub-assembly? If someone wanted to replace their cracked dash, would they only need the pad or the sub-assembly too?

I had to replace all of my HVAC actuators, and my dash pad had to come off. It's pretty involved, so it's a bit daunting......HOWEVER, it all snaps and bolts back together without ANY squeaks or rattles. Based on how it all attaches, that's still amazing to me!

Thank you for the info Tanner, that makes more sense! From what I have read, the cracked dashes are a cosmetic issue and do not interfere with airbag deployment, is that the general consensus here as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom