Cost to weld up sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any idea on how much it would cost to get some simple TG or marlin sliders welded up? After shipping and labor it may be worth just getting the $$ bolt on rocky road sliders... but I’m just curious what you guys think it’s worth. I’m not prepared to weld on the blue fox... may something, but not my truck right now.

Edit... Actually Summit Racing has free shipping on the TG coming to like... 260 after tax... Thats pretty good. Still, I wonder what the cost to weld them up would be?

Last edited:
You can come use my welder and it won’t cost you anything.

Thanks! I might either get the TG or All Pro. Free shipping on either one... I’m just scuuured to weld on the truck. Haha. @Stumpalama and I welded up a swingout kit on my old 80 series a way back when, and I took a class, but I haven’t even thought about welding in quite a while. I will definitely need help from someone. I’ve also never had weld-on sliders. Only bolt up.

Sorry to hijack, but along these same lines. Does anyone have any experience in welding up the Metal Tech Tube Fender Kit? I don't have the welding skills, but I think I would like to have a set of these and swap them out when wheeling vs daily driving.

i got a set of TG sliders from amazon for 220 shipped and spent another $50 or soon DOM tubing and misc other steel to make the cat protection. I haven't finished it yet because other projects keep getting in the way. I'm no welder, but I can glue steel. @BlueCruiser84 graciously helped me some initially but he's a busy guy.

maybe we can all have some kind of slider weld up party?

I think I’m going to get a Hobart 140 just to have if I can find one reasonable. I’ll probably get the 4crawler kit and weld it up. I’d pay someone if I could find a sweet deal but if it’s the cost of the welder I may as well up my equipment for future projects. I can run an ok bead.

@76FJ40 suggestion on culpeper machine was good. They gave me a good quote on the long steel tubes that finish off the kit.

A bit too far for me. Good looking out though. Great reviews on the Hobart and I’ve actually used the older version of it before. I’ll still search around Craigslist for a couple days though. I want the millermatic I had in class! But I also want all kinds of things that are too expensive. I think with the 140 I can tackle almost anything I’ll really need to do. Pretty practical unit.

I think welding up the kit will be great experience. Maybe it’s the more involved route, but if it gives me an excuse to buy a welder and i have some sliders I’m proud of doing “myself” it will be worth it. I’ll just go slow.

I really really really need to build the drawers ASAP though.

I've got a Hobart 140 I would let go. I'm going to upgrade to a 220v. I'm in the Marshall area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom