SOLD Corvallis, Oregon: 68-74 Partial Windshield Assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Taken from a rolled '79, this is an earlier model junkyard unit the PO used to replace the damaged original. The factory wiper assembly is gone, replaced with individual aftermarket electric motors. I don't know how they timed them or if they ever worked. Glass is cracked and I doubt the seal is any good. But it does appear to have the right sub harness and despite its issues, the metal is in remarkably good condition. No surprise really, it came from California. I know how hard it is to find these, I waited 2 years to find a period correct one for my '79. It would be nice to see it go to someone who really needs it. Make me an offer. PM me if you need more photos.

DSCN2739.JPG

DSCN2740.JPG

DSCN2741.JPG

DSCN2744.JPG

DSCN2743.JPG

Price? Or I missed it.
You didn't miss it, the ad says 'make me an offer.' If you want me to put a number on it I'll say $250.

Those defrost vents and wiper motor would make this a mid 65 to 9/67 windshield. There are huge plastic vents on the bottom of the windshield from 1/75 on. 9/67-1/75 had those defrost vents but used a single wiper motor.

Those defrost vents and wiper motor would make this a mid 65 to 9/67 windshield. There are huge plastic vents on the bottom of the windshield from 1/75 on. 9/67-1/75 had those defrost vents but used a single wiper motor.
John,

think the holddown brackets are more definitive than the wiper motors. The ‘66 vintage would have had the three screw cast hook for the pull lever. This one has the ‘67-74 brackets for the knobs.

And iirc the’66 defroster guides are three screws across, not four.

As stated in the ad those are aftermarket wiper motors like the type you buy from Summit Racing for hot rods. They are not Toyota, you should not assume that because there are 2 motors it mimics the missing factory setup in any way. There is nothing from the original factory wiper system remaining on this windshield assembly except for the sub harness. Which has the plug and wire number/colors corresponding to the 68-74 model years.

As stated in the ad those are aftermarket wiper motors like the type you buy from Summit Racing for hot rods. They are not Toyota, you should not assume that because there are 2 motors it mimics the missing factory setup in any way. There is nothing from the original factory wiper system remaining on this windshield assembly except for the sub harness. Which has the plug and wire number/colors corresponding to the 68-74 model years.
OK, no takers so far. Hard to believe someone doesn't need this, how about $150? I would not like to see it go to the scrap heap.

If this doesn’t sell at this price, it’s just more proof of how soft the economy is. IMO, the windshield hinges are worth what you’re asking for the whole thing. GLWS

Last edited:
If this doesn’t sell at this price, it’s just more proof of how soft the economy is. IMO, the windshield hinges are worth what you’re asking for the whole thing. GLWS
Yes, you're right about the hinges. My wife thinks I should withdraw the ad and hang the frame in our barn for the time being. That's sounding like a good idea.

Thanks for the supportive input.

Shipping is not something I really wanted to do, I would have to build a crate which would make it more expensive for you. Having said that, it looks like you're in Idaho. We make our way there from time to time, we have friends just north of Boise. Where are you located and how soon do you need it? PM me if you wish to discuss further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom