SOLD Oregon: Early FJ40 top of windshield frame weather stripping (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I have two OEM weather stripping that go on top of the windshield frame. These are part number 63161-60010 which have been discontinued for some time…these are for the 1965 and earlier models FJ40.

I purchased two thinking they were correct for my 1965 FJ45’s ..They are not…I need the later model piece. I paid around $75 plus shipping from Germany. My mistake.

Your cost $50 each plus shipping.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

IMG_3534.png

Last edited:
Mark,

I believe that 63161-60010 ended 7/1965 and changed to the thinner less-substantial 63161-60011 the following month and ran for 20 years to the end of production in June 1985.

Thanks Michael, I assumed when I purchased these that they would work on my 1965 FJ45.
After looking at the parts books it list both numbers as you stated for the 40’s but not the 45lpb.

Part # 63161-60010 up to frame #FJ40-36364
Part # 63161-60011 after that

Even though the frame # on my FJ45lpb is well below 36364, it doesn’t work because of the way the cab fits over the window frame on the 45lpb’s and 40’s above #36364.

Lines up with your timeline 😀
Hope all is well.

Regards
Mark

Both may be sold, Giving member until tonight….locklaw you are next in line for one if the the member passes.

Mark,

A bit more accurately, the ending date of the earlier weatherstrip was about mid month July 1965 in production, and the corresponding FJ45 frame number should be approx FJ45~24200. Of course we all realize that anything and everything--like a windshield frame, a roof, etc.-- can be replaced/modified in the intervening years until today, so all bets are off on what "should" be correct, and you go with what you got ! Pretty fortunate that some of these old OE parts can still be sourced, but for some time now you can surely feel the walls closing-in ever tighter !

Congrats--well-done restorations like yours and a few others, with as many new old stock parts as can be found, should only increase in value over the inevitable Chinese-sourced aftermarket clones and pieces that are being created today moving forward. On a related note, although advertised as a marketing ploy to buy their newest offerings, the Steinway piano company advertises that only a new Steinway piano, using all-new Steinway factory parts can be called a Stein-way--and any older Steinway piano restored and rebuilt with outside parts is considered a........... Stein-was. So with diminishing availability of original parts, look out........... here come the Toyota-was creations.

So true Michael, Thank you for the kind words. It really is testament to patience and gratitude that I have been able to do any of these. Sometimes it really is the “Hunt” for some. For me, it’s the driving of these old creations and making Great friends…and talking L/C’s..😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom