Cordless tool help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little off topic here. I have done away with all my gas yard tools except my mower. They are so much quieter, lighter, start easily, and I don't smell like exahust.

A few of my neighbors have electric mowers, they work great. Looking forward to getting one.

Just bought this at HD, not Fuel, but brushless.
HD doing Father's Day Milwaukee deals.

The also have a deal where you buy a 2 battery and single charger "starter kit" and get a free m18 tool.
I bought that too.

Just closed on the new house yesterday and figured I deserved a house warming present. :grinpimp:

Just bought this at HD, not Fuel, but brushless.
HD doing Father's Day Milwaukee deals.

The also have a deal where you buy a 2 battery and single charger "starter kit" and get a free m18 tool.
I bought that too.

Just closed on the new house yesterday and figured I deserved a house warming present. :grinpimp:
Congrats on the new house Mike!!!!!

Congrats on the new house Mike!!!!!
Thanks Gary.
Already making it my own:
IMG_20200609_172742.jpg

LOL!
It was an amateur repair job from an old water leak. No more water since it got a new roof a couple years ago.
We are getting the interior painted, so I have to get it prepped for the painters ASAP.

I started down the road with Rigid in 2009, I have Multiple drills, impacts, saws, etc. They're only 18v but for me they get it done. I still have one big 4ah battery that’s 6+ years old. I just picked up a new brushless hammer drill and it will get its first real test tomorrow drilling holes to epoxy several 3/8 threaded rods 6” deep into concrete.

I’ve had great luck with all of Makita’s offerings the last 5 years or so... killed one battery in 5 years and the other two have been perfect

Late to this thread, but will add yet another option, Kobalt brushless series. I picked up almost all the tools in the set now and although they aren't the lightest tools, they have been getting the job done for me with truck repairs. Battery life is great on everything except the grinder from my experience.

They have replacement tools at Lowe's if one breaks too. Just make sure to keep the receipt. I've gotten in the habit of keeping the paper one and also scanning it to save electronically if needed.

Been using the Milwaukee's for the past few days, and all I have to say is DAMN! Why didn't I make the move sooner?
They are light, well balanced and hella powerful. Having run Craftsman 19.2v for the last 20 years, these are a HUGE step up.
So far, my favorite tool is the oscillating trim tool. It cuts drywall so easily and accurately, it's almost not fair.

I want to point out for warranty support almost everything gets registered on line these days. Including power tools.

Short term fix, I have had good luck with replacement batteries from Amazon. Just check out the reviews (legitimate reviews) as their are many brands.

Late to this thread, but will add yet another option, Kobalt brushless series.

My only concern there is that Lowes seems to be moving away from the Kobalt brand since adding Craftsman.

I’m a Milwaukee fan but I do have a Couple dewalt 20v drill and impacts with the lithium battery and really like them. My 12v Milwaukee Impact has spent a couple of nights out in the rain and still works like a champ.

I have a bunch of Dewalt 20V stuff and it works well. I think if I was starting over I'd be looking at Milwaukee, though.

I'm getting frustrated with my Dewalt 18V cordless tool batteries. I have six batteries (XRP series) and only one holds a charge for a reasonable length of time. Does anyone know of a better performing direct replacement for these batteries?
And, what's the best line of cordless tools out there today? I might even be willing to start over here.
Well?

Well I went to Home Depot the week before father's day to get started buying Milwaukee and their selection was very limited. Surprised me because there was a Milwaukee sales rep truck in the parking lot! I'm gonna get back there in a week or so to see what deals they have. I'm pretty much committed to Milwaukee 20V although several people have been highly appreciative of the DeWalt 20V stuff. S.

Well I went to Home Depot the week before father's day to get started buying Milwaukee and their selection was very limited. Surprised me because there was a Milwaukee sales rep truck in the parking lot! I'm gonna get back there in a week or so to see what deals they have. I'm pretty much committed to Milwaukee 20V although several people have been highly appreciative of the DeWalt 20V stuff. S.

Gary - dad is switching to Milwaukee too, I am still hung on the craftsman 19.2 since I can rebuild batteries and also parts and motors can be easily replaced in them from everyone getting rid of them. I have been collecting them when I see them cheap or given away.
The Milwaukee seem to work well and dad uses the impact quite a bit even over the air tools.

@shmukster , check Amazon. We have Prime, which is free shipping, and I can have it shipped right to your home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom