Cordless Impact Wrench-recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got all Makita stuff...lots of tools, for work. They have been great, but if I had it to do over, I would go Milwaukee. Bigger batteries and more tools.

CD2F6752-5159-481E-BA95-7019C9E98E6F.jpeg

Wow. I have needed this tool since my teenage years. It’s first task was disassembling a 3 point hitch on a mower. It was like cutting butter with a butter knife. Thank you guys for all the advice.

Nice! Now get yourself a good set of impact sockets and you'll be all set!

I am looking to purchase my first power tool set, no loyalty to any brands but leaning to Milwaukee based on others recs in the forum. Looking at something like this to get me started- will this impact driver and impact wrench have me covered?

They are great!!!

Makita, DeWalt, and Milwaukee are all great. There are minor pro's and con's with each one.

I've chosen the Makita system and have no regrets:
1/4" brushless impact
1/2" chuck drill
5" angle grinder
14" chainsaw
hedge trimmer
blower

I haven't seen my oh-so-awesome corded Makita angle grinder since getting the cordless grinder and I have a heavy duty Rigid drill for mixing liquids only.

I used to be happy with my 18v Porter Cable stuff, then I replaced it all with 20v and haven’t been as happy. The more expensive red batteries help but not enough to justify buying 4-6 of them when I already have 6 regular black batteries.

I’ll be looking at Milwaukee next time I have a large project looming, simply based on recommendations from Mudders who use their stuff harder than I do. Then my PC stuff will live at my mom’s house for the light duty stuff up there.

Weekend after Thanksgiving I removed all wheels off the 100 and the A4 then installed winter wheels with Blizzak snow tires. 2” of sleet fell Monday followed by 10-12” of snow fell Tuesday morning. despite me still not charging it since initial purchase the Milwaukee battery ran the impact wrench with no problems. The old DeWalt cordless 18v battery has died in my regular drill. Hoping :princess: gifts me a new Milwaukee one to build the lineup of tools.

I used to be happy with my 18v Porter Cable stuff, then I replaced it all with 20v and haven’t been as happy. The more expensive red batteries help but not enough to justify buying 4-6 of them when I already have 6 regular black batteries.

I’ll be looking at Milwaukee next time I have a large project looming, simply based on recommendations from Mudders who use their stuff harder than I do. Then my PC stuff will live at my mom’s house for the light duty stuff up there.

Sadly porter cable isn't what it used to be.

Mid 2000s most power tools.started to cha he due to a lot of things. New Chinese tools, parts suppliers raising prices, production moves, mergers etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom