Cooper AT3 XLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

285/70/17 on my taco. I love them so far. They drive nice and smooth and they do exceptionally well in the snow and on ice. I haven’t really had a chance to see how they do on the dirt/gravel/mud. I’ll most likely be putting them on my 80 in the future 37x12.5x17.

55C2112D-60F0-4B35-A571-169894575A84.jpeg

950F41C2-C0B5-479F-81BC-078B1A346A09.jpeg

B0A42D90-F24B-4080-952C-C59690DAD868.jpeg

My 2 cents

I bought the at3 xlt in 315/75r16

C57EBCF0-420D-40AB-AC26-5B9762CD6C00.png

I will start off by saying they look great on y’alls trucks but when I saw them in person - it just didn’t do it for me.

I was running a BFG ko2 295/75r16 with approx 20k miles and when side by side (both unmounted) they were the same height as the cooper 315s. The coopers were a solid 1 to 1.25” wider.

Sorry for not doing a side by side but the BFG ko2 is standing next the stack of coopers and you can get an idea of the width difference.

7F8AFC9D-6E02-41B8-8798-0071183BF414.png

It’s well accepted that ko2s run small so I was a little confused by the similar heights.

This picture is useless for comparison on height but to give you an idea:

3D938BF8-9EF2-47FB-9238-96641314368F.png

At the time I was running an aggressive offset SCS F5 wheel and was concerned with having a similar height but wider tire - not the look I was going for - nor would it help me in any on or off-roading situations. I was willing to sacrifice a little rub to gain some height but this wasn’t the case.

I instead swapped wheels for 18s and went tall and skinny.

Im very confident that these will surpass the tires I got (and the ko2s I was running) in the wet and snow. Siping for days on these tires.

Return shipping was ridiculous $$$ on five “35 inch” tires but knew I would’ve second guessed myself to death.

Anyway that was my experience

My 2 cents

I bought the at3 xlt in 315/75r16

View attachment 2005910

I will start off by saying they look great on y’alls trucks but when I saw them in person - it just didn’t do it for me.

I was running a BFG ko2 295/75r16 with approx 20k miles and when side by side (both unmounted) they were the same height as the cooper 315s. The coopers were a solid 1 to 1.25” wider.

Sorry for not doing a side by side but the BFG ko2 is standing next the stack of coopers and you can get an idea of the width difference.

View attachment 2005912

It’s well accepted that ko2s run small so I was a little confused by the similar heights.

This picture is useless for comparison on height but to give you an idea:

View attachment 2005911

At the time I was running an aggressive offset SCS F5 wheel and was concerned with having a similar height but wider tire - not the look I was going for - nor would it help me in any on or off-roading situations. I was willing to sacrifice a little rub to gain some height but this wasn’t the case.

I instead swapped wheels for 18s and went tall and skinny.

Im very confident that these will surpass the tires I got (and the ko2s I was running) in the wet and snow. Siping for days on these tires.

Return shipping was ridiculous $$$ on five “35 inch” tires but knew I would’ve second guessed myself to death.

Anyway that was my experience
What size did you go with in 18's?

I just picked up the new AT3 XLT in 315/75/16 this morning based on recommendations from my Discount Tire rep who runs them (I originally was set on the K02s). The tires run small at least in 315s... mounted diameter is 34" which will allow me to mount my spare in the stock location if needed. Also, this is one of the lightest A/T 315s I have seen at 63lbs. Anyone on the fence to move to 315s on their 80 series should seriously consider this tire. I am amazed at how quiet they run for how aggressive they look. Extremely pleased so far...

View attachment 1855102

View attachment 1855103

View attachment 1855104
Looks good

Well my ST Maxx's have finally given up the ghost, found a nice sized screw in between tread blocks and measuring I am down to 3/32" on tread depth. These have a little less than 29k on them and about 4yrs of driving so yesterday I ordered a set of 31x10.50x15 AT3 XLT for my FJ60. Should be here either today or tomorrow and will install right away.

Have the XLT on the wife's '11 4Runner and have been impressed with them over the last year or so that we have had them. They did great in the snow this winter when we had all kindsa snow up at the Lake and road manners are good. Will definitely miss the gnarly look of the ST Maxx on the 60 but it is a daily driver and really needs a tire that is more "road friendly" (even though they had some of the best road manners I have ever had). Love the the XLT are a 60k rated tire and talking with the guys at Discount, they have been hearing great things from their customers on them.

I will throw a pic up as soon as I get the XLT installed on the 60.

Look great on the 60!

How tall are they ?

Cooper web site say Overall Diameter : 30.2

Ok, just to beat a dead horse, a couple of you guys in the PNW STILL love your XLTs in the snow, right? Getting ready to put some on my LX470, but have hesitated a bit wondering if I should just do the 4s. We hit the pass skiing every weekend in the winter and I've been wondering how much stock I should be putting into their lack of "the snowflake". Of course I still want to tow my ATV around and get out on some hunting roads, so...

Still loving the XLTs in the PNW. They performed extremely well during this years snowpocalypse in Seattle. As far as the snowflake symbol if I was crossing passes regularly that required them then I might have went a different route, but the lack of snowflake doesn't bother me on the XLTs based on their snow performance so far.

On a side note their rain performance has been very good as well...channels water nicely without hydroplaning. Good luck with the decision!

Ok, just to beat a dead horse, a couple of you guys in the PNW STILL love your XLTs in the snow, right? Getting ready to put some on my LX470, but have hesitated a bit wondering if I should just do the 4s. We hit the pass skiing every weekend in the winter and I've been wondering how much stock I should be putting into their lack of "the snowflake". Of course I still want to tow my ATV around and get out on some hunting roads, so...
Still love them. Going to switch to the 315/75/16 and do some snow wheeling. With all the trips to the mountain last year in both my FJ and the wife's tundra, I never felt that we needed chains in any of the varying conditions we saw. I do carry chains (be prepared), but have yet to need them on either rig.

Well I bought a set of XLT in size 285/75R16 for my 60.

I know they run small but I let myself be tempted for these tires since the price was too interesting with a reasonable price (-25%) !!

I also leave by this fact my beloved pizza cuter 255/85.

The Cruiser is store until April. I’ll come back with picture.

I just picked up the new AT3 XLT in 315/75/16 this morning based on recommendations from my Discount Tire rep who runs them (I originally was set on the K02s). The tires run small at least in 315s... mounted diameter is 34" which will allow me to mount my spare in the stock location if needed. Also, this is one of the lightest A/T 315s I have seen at 63lbs. Anyone on the fence to move to 315s on their 80 series should seriously consider this tire. I am amazed at how quiet they run for how aggressive they look. Extremely pleased so far...

View attachment 1855102

View attachment 1855103

View attachment 1855104

Your information, and pictures have inspired me to buy set for my 80 series. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom