Coolant tees crumbled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to change my coolant tees and they crumbled into a dozen pieces inside the hose. I'm not sure if any got into the system. Do you think they could cause a problem or block a coolant passage?

Depending on the size of the broken pieces it could lodged in your cooling system or heater core. I'd try using a shop vac on the hoses still connected and see if you can vacuum out any pieces that may have fallen in when it crumbled. Good luck.

Reconstruct what you've got and see how much is missing. If it's just a bunch of crumbs it's not likely to be a problem. It's a good idea to clamp the hoses before you start, with like c-clamps or small needle nose vice grips. Clamping the hoses even lightly will keep any large pieces from getting loose.

You could blow air from a compressor into the hoses “backwards”. This would get some of the pieces out and prevent it from moving to the heater core.

Pretty sure some pieces got into the system. They are so fragile that I'm not too worried. Screw those Ts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom