Coolant leaking down the bell housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2011 LX570 with 200k miles. I was replacing a u-joint on the front drive shaft when I noticed evidence of a coolant leak. It appears to have been leaking for a while but not enough to make it to the garage floor.

It's hard to see where it's coming from but I can see most of the leak on the drivers side and a very small mount on the passengers side.

The picture below is underneath (drive shaft moved out of the way) on the driver's side.

Anyone have a similar experience and can tell me where to look? I can't see anything leaking from above.
coolant leaking.jpg

I have a 2011 LX570 with 200k miles. I was replacing a u-joint on the front drive shaft when I noticed evidence of a coolant leak. It appears to have been leaking for a while but not enough to make it to the garage floor.

It's hard to see where it's coming from but I can see most of the leak on the drivers side and a very small mount on the passengers side.

The picture below is underneath (drive shaft moved out of the way) on the driver's side.

Anyone have a similar experience and can tell me where to look? I can't see anything leaking from above.
View attachment 3460560
Most likely the valley plate leak. Tons of threads on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom