Cool Cruisers good parts source? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to price out some tune up parts for my new to me 86 FJ60. I usually order parts for my 80 series from Dan at American Toyota. I ran across this tune up kit from Cool Cruisers: Tune Up Kit TOYOTA
The price seems high to me for what you get. Would I be better off getting parts from Dan or even my local dealership? I'd really like to be able to get my parts locally at a good price, but I'm not "friends" with my parts man.

CCOT is a great source of aftermarket parts. I would not run these type of parts except as cosmetic. Buy factory Toyota tune up parts from where ever you get your deal.
G

X2

My local toyota dealer has a 10% off coupon at the bottom of each invoice. However, it's only for "parts in stock" and it's very rare that my FJ60 parts are in stock. For a while I was going in pretty regularly, and I became familiar to a couple of the counter guys and they started giving me discounts. But if I went in and found a new guy at the counter, no discount. Now I try to get most of my stuff from Dan. Especially with tune up parts, I can plan ahead and purchase a few at a time.

Another option is to get the toyota parts number then look the part up on 1st toyota parts, or a similar place that lists discount prices. Show that to your counter guy and ask him if he can get close to that price.

https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html

"your price" from 1st toyota parts for that CCOT tune up kit is $137.48 (plus shipping & applicable tax I suppose). I've never used 1st Toyota except to look at prices and see if parts are still available.
TUNE UP PARTS PRICES.JPG

Maybe this is a bad example but the same PCV valve I got from SOR for $9 (and they are one of the more expensive suppliers) would have cost me $25 and a 3 day wait at Toyota Carlsbad. I've ordered stuff from CCOT and been happy with selection and quality of the product.....but don't expect very good customer support from them. I am still waiting for a call back from them about which hardware to buy for a very simple product install.

Just a little fyi, CCOT gets their OEM parts from Cowboy Toyota here in Dallas and then marks up. I've been happy with the OEM parts I've bought but then again I don't have to pay for shipping and don't have a "friend" at the dealership. But, definitely shop around first and double check against c dan.

Side note - If anyone in the Dallas area goes up there, ask them to see the new 60 that the owner bought. 45k original miles (not a typo) and easily one of the cleanest cruisers I've ever seen.

Maybe this is a bad example but the same PCV valve I got from SOR for $9 (and they are one of the more expensive suppliers) would have cost me $25 and a 3 day wait at Toyota Carlsbad. I've ordered stuff from CCOT and been happy with selection and quality of the product.....but don't expect very good customer support from them. I am still waiting for a call back from them about which hardware to buy for a very simple product install.

MSRP for the PCV valve is $8.22. Toyota Carlsbad must have quite a mark up!

good info, I thought their prices seemed high. I wonder how the prices on 1sttoyotaparts.com compare to Dan's prices. Sometimes it might be nice to just click online and order from 1sttoyotaparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom