Cool cars and CLC chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was a bad ass strip joint! I needed some church when I left there back in the day...

Think of all those young ladies you helped put through college!

Picked up a small solo stove when they had BOGO. The little guy does pretty good. Perfect for one person to stay warm or cook on.

D272ECDE-FE9F-4FC7-B068-8254FE83DD99.jpeg

I have dreams about stuff like this:

My old boss had an alloy-bodied 4-cam like the one mentioned in the article. They made 17 of them. Total. Reckon that would fetch a few dollars? The only way you can tell a steel bodied one from an alloy bodied one (visually) is the length of the roof drip rail above the doors. Short = steel; long = alloy.......................I know, worthless information, but it's still kinda cool

My old boss had an alloy-bodied 4-cam like the one mentioned in the article. They made 17 of them. Total. Reckon that would fetch a few dollars?

Unreal. I get excited when I find a s*** box $3000 Cruiser

Speaking of sh!tboxes, I just closed the purchase of this little slice of Memphis heaven known as Summer Avenue.

I present...

...the future home of the MM Cruiser Spa & Three 6 Hybrids World Headquarters:

D2825EA2-6A24-42D4-A43F-4F11C69C7340.jpeg

It will be sparkling like a polished turd in no time after I pressure wash it with CLR and give it a healthy splash of boiled linseed oil.

My old boss had an alloy-bodied 4-cam like the one mentioned in the article. They made 17 of them. Total. Reckon that would fetch a few dollars? The only way you can tell a steel bodied one from an alloy bodied one (visually) is the length of the roof drip rail above the doors. Short = steel; long = alloy.......................I know, worthless information, but it's still kinda cool
Edit: I wrote my original post before I watched the video. It got even better.

Ferrari originally produced 275 GTBs with what they called a "short nose," all of which had a 2-cam V12 in them. Beautiful cars, but not as much as the later 275 GTB/4 ("long nose" with a 4-cam V-12).....one of the best looking cars ever made (IMO). Turns out, the one in the video is a long nose, 2 cam, alloy body with vinyl interior. I've never heard of a long nose 2-cam, but I did notice it had a flat hood like all 2 cams did. If it's not 1 of 1, I'd be surprised. NO telling what that thing's worth (again, this may interest no one but me, but just the rarity of that one car is astounding!)

Speaking of sh!tboxes, I just closed the purchase of this little slice of Memphis heaven known as Summer Avenue.

I present...

View attachment 2157982

It will be sparkling like a polished turd in no time after I pressure wash it with CLR and give it a healthy splash of boiled linseed oil.
Oh man, that's spot on! Congrats! Address? (The Google guy and I want to ride by......)

I present...

View attachment 2157982

Looks like it is in the appropriate deplorable side of town. Cinder block holding the door closed is a nice touch. Do you have enough bars on the windows?

Oh man, that's spot on! Congrats! Address? (The Google guy and I want to ride by......)

3004 Summer

Cool story...the seller let me put a lock on the gate after I signed a contract (it’s vacant), and promptly handed my contact info over to an Elvis historian that had been hounding him.

I met the guy over there so he could do his CSI thing. He says Elvis’ Purple Caddy was painted there back in ‘56 after his body man (Jimmy Sanders) moved in to this property (there used to be a bigger second building right behind this one). Sanders painted Elvis’ Pink Caddy at a shop directly across the street when he worked out of that one.

The historian guy was in town interviewing Sanders’ surviving family and taking pictures with them at Graceland and came by Summer after to check it out.

4A2F7BB2-EDB0-48B2-A071-CD2017BA7C5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like it is in the appropriate deplorable side of town. Cinder block holding the door closed is a nice touch. Do you have enough bars on the windows?

The bars are just for show. The smart criminals enter through the missing side door.

3004 Summer

Cool story...the seller let me put a lock on the gate after I signed a contract (it’s vacant), and promptly handed my contact info over to an Elvis historian that had been hounding him.

I met the guy over there so he could do his CSI thing. He says Elvis’ Purple Caddy was painted there back in ‘56 after his body man (Jimmy Sanders) moved in to this property (there used to be a bigger second building right behind this one). Sanders painted Elvis’ Pink Caddy at a shop directly across the street when he worked out of that one.

The historian guy was in town interviewing Sanders’ surviving family and taking pictures with them at Graceland and came by Summer after to check it out.

View attachment 2158030

Super cool! Wonder if AmeriMex Auto across the street can get you hooked up to the Central American cruiser importation pipeline?

Louvres - $0.25 each. Awesome!

@under_psi I wondered what you got when I saw your TRD Pro for sale at the Ford dealer online. Does it have a turbo 6 or V8? Are you going to leave stock or trick out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom