Contemplating buying another 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m thinking about purchasing a 99 LC with approximately 390k miles. It‘s in fair condition and has a like new ARB front bumper and winch (not sure of size). What do you think is a reasonable price to pay?

I’m thinking about purchasing a 99 LC with approximately 390k miles. It‘s in fair condition and has a like new ARB front bumper and winch (not sure of size). What do you think is a reasonable price to pay?
Rust or no rust. Maintained not maintained.

Rust $500. No Rust 3500.

Maintained $3500. Not maintained $500.

I don't see how you can narrow that down to a paltry $3,000 range based on the information. I'd say it's worth somewhere between $1000 and $10,000.
He asked "what do you think is a reasonable price to pay?"

And that's what I think is reasonable for a '99 with that many miles and an ARB bar, with no description of anything else about the vehicle.

In New Zealand a 1999 diesel 100 series is worth around NZD $25,000 (that's about USD$17,500). Petrol versions are less desirable.

COVID has resulted in an increase in price for many, many things here. Dependable 4x4s are one of the items that have appreciated in value in the last year

No rust and it has been maintained.
What are they asking?

Frankly it's a vehicle with almost 400k, which we know will continue to run if fed parts and fluids.

IMO it's not what the price on the vehicle is now, it's what it's going to cost you over the next few years and what you're willing to spend. This is why I would offer $3500. You might go a little higher if you care about the bull bar, or if you'd sell it off to cover some costs.

Condition trumps mileage.

400k might as well be 150k. All about care and condition. Garage kept, southwest 400k well kept is far better than outdoor kept 150k from New Hampshire with minimal service.

You haven't provided enough info to get anything useful as a response.

$4k-$14k.

If its rear locked I say 4k-6k realistically.

Before the market went insane I helped my buddy buy the same mileage and same year LC for $1500 running on 7 cylinders. We swapped engines and caught up on a lot of deferred maintenance and he's at about $5k and a week of miserable work.

The older the vehicle, the wider the range of value.
Location? Newport Beach or Newport, Rhode Island? Increase range.
No pictures? Increase range.
No history? Increase range.

Not enough information.

What are they asking?

Frankly it's a vehicle with almost 400k, which we know will continue to run if fed parts and fluids.

IMO it's not what the price on the vehicle is now, it's what it's going to cost you over the next few years and what you're willing to spend. This is why I would offer $3500. You might go a little higher if you care about the bull bar, or if you'd sell it off to cover some costs.
They’re asking $3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom