Did I do okay? - buying an 01 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m a 80 series guy but Ive been looking for a cruiser for my parents to take on trips with me and my other Toyota buddies. My best friend found this 100 series on marketplace so I decided to go take a look at it. We checked it out, drove it and ended up making a deal with the seller. The sellers family bought it new and it has a pretty decent maintenance history. The transmission seems to have a little bit of slippage from 1st to 2nd but other than that it shifted fine. It holds great oil pressure, Timing belt was just serviced last year, no rust at all anywhere and clean title. Only issue is it has 361k 💀. Has some scratches and dents but overall it’s in good shape inside and out. Ice cold AC too. We gave 3,000! How did we do?
IMG_6282.jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6275.jpeg
IMG_6278.jpeg

10-4, thanks. I am going to service the trans, it can't hurt🤷🏼‍♂️. Maybe it'll hold on for a few short trips. Going to change all of the fluids as soon as she lands in my driveway. She needs a refresh.

Checkout the Heater t's near the brake master pump by the firewall. Those tend to crumble into pieces with age, so be ready if you are going to give a light pressure test!

Checkout the Heater t's near the brake master pump by the firewall. Those tend to crumble into pieces with age, so be ready if you are going to give a light pressure test!
Thank you, sir! YES, if anyone who sees this thread doesn't mind sharing some things I should check over, PLEASE DO SO! High mileage scares me a little, even with it being a 100. Nothing with that many miles is 100% reliable Imo. I'm going to make her as reliable as possible for my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom