Console Cooler not Cool HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, what would cause the cooler in my console to blow warm air not cool air? It had always worked, then suddenly stopped. My regular AC works well. I've searched but haven't found an answer. :confused:

- Compressor not running
- Not enough gas or no gas in system (leak).
If the compressor is running, check the to- and from- tubes. One should be hot, the other one should be cold.
Just to start with.

Rudi

I found that my cooler would blow warm air in the winter (the only time I tried to use it when it was cold out, had some food I wanted to keep cold on the highway, didn't work out, lol). I know it worked fine in the fall, but that's all I can tell you. Maybe the fridge controls don't kick on the AC compressor by themselves?

if you have check your gas pressures and are ok even with the cooler on .. and you have rear AC ( at least was my case .. dunno if would be the case if you don't have rear AC ) there is a valve in my drivers fender ( I'm LHD ) pretty close to the hood hinge that controls gas flow to the rear system ( cooler included ), This one can be stuck 88690-60190

In my 80 PO eliminate it .. nut sure if it will have a long term affection on my AC system .. but so far still works ..

Plus your cooler have expansion valve / termistor etc..

Maybe this A/C manual can help you a bit. Click this link to download.
This link is valid for 24 hours. It's a 8Mb pdf file.
Don't know if it's for your year/model but gives you the basics on how it works.

Rudi

EDIT: July 23 2013 removed expired link.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a wiring schematic that includes the 4 wires that go from the icebox/cooler to the ????

I bought one , have it plumbed in just need to get the wiring finished,...:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom