Connectors! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
What are people using for interior connectors in their trucks? For example, repin a connector, or add an accessory that is able to be removed.

I have an use weatherpak connectors all over, but they're bulky and unnecessary for inside the truck. That being said, weatherpak is all i've got.

What do you use?

What are people using for interior connectors in their trucks? For example, repin a connector, or add an accessory that is able to be removed.

I have an use weatherpak connectors all over, but they're bulky and unnecessary for inside the truck. That being said, weatherpak is all i've got.

What do you use?

I really like the smaller anderson pole plugs.

powerwerx-panelpole-panel-mount-housing-for-two-powerpole-connectors-with-a-weather-resistant-cover__5766_580.jpg

30-amp-permanently-bonded-redblack-anderson-powerpole-connectors_580.jpg

Good call out. I like them too, and they come in kits. That will work well for higher amperage circuits.

What about 7.5/10a circuits that have more than two pins, for say 20ga-16ga wire sizes?

Deutsch DT connectors appear to be the right choice for the range I'm talking about. Deutsch DTM connectors go down to smaller gauges.

Any other options out there?

I am admittedly addicted to Anderson PPs in various sizes, 15, 30, 45A for most of my DC electric toys. They will easily handle small gauges like 16 or 20. And of course you can mate more than 2 at a time to handle more conductors. But that could become unwieldy size wise if you have several tiny wires in a cable, and there are indeed probably better options like typical electronics multipins connectors. Although those may likely not be suitable for 10A. But I'm wondering if there is not a inherent issue when talking about 20ga and 10A together. That seems potentially iffy to me. 20ga is small. 10A is quite a bit. Admittedly those are relative terms, but I'm talking typical use. What circuit are you talking about?

You're talking in circles. Obviously I'm not going to be running 10a across a 20ga wire :rolleyes:

Weatherpak connectors do the trick, but they're too large for under-dash connections. Deutsch connectors are much smaller, and have higher pin counts per connector. I'm looking to see if anyone here has used Deutsch connectors, or has a different preference, so I can invest in one of those systems.

Good call out. I like them too, and they come in kits. That will work well for higher amperage circuits.

What about 7.5/10a circuits that have more than two pins, for say 20ga-16ga wire sizes?

They have 15A pins that accept wire gauges 16-20. I use a good crimper for these that inverts the pin barrel into the wire. They work great.

1332-BK Anderson Power PP15 Powerpole Connector Contact, 16-20 GA, 15A, Loose Piece

But after reading your other post I see that you are looking for multi-pin connectors. Deutsch are an option. I sometimes use an OEM housing and re-pin them to suit. I either use a junk yard housing or buy one from Mr. T. This is where I buy the pins since I hate splicing if I can avoid it.

hi-1000ec.com

Last edited:
But after reading your other post I see that you are looking for multi-pin connectors. Deutsch are an option. I sometimes use an OEM housing and re-pin them to suit. I either use a junk yard housing or buy one from Mr. T. This is where I buy the pins since I hate splicing if I can avoid it.

hi-1000ec.com

That's what I'm talking about. I've used ballinger motorsport for single connectors before, but not this one. Good find, thank you!

That's what I'm talking about. I've used ballinger motorsport for single connectors before, but not this one. Good find, thank you!
I'm using the newer version Delphi connectors...

We use Deutsch connectors for everything, inside and out. No reason not to, standardizes everything, and there are so many options. For applications that won’t see UV exposure, the Amazon 500 (or something like that) piece kits are the right price and get the job done.

Since I try to stick with the truck being original and utilize existing styles of connectors...I usually snake plugs off 80s toyotas in the junkyard or buy new from the following fellas.

Then crimp on using the associated terminals.

If you're rewiring a lot, then yes there are much better like Deutsch that @Delta VS mentioned or the new types from Sumitomo or Yazaki.

Last edited:
Since I try to stick with the truck being original and utilize existing styles of connectors...I usually snake plugs off 80s toyotas in the junkyard or buy new from the following fellas.

If you're rewiring a lot, then yes there are much better like Deutsch that @Delta VS mentioned or the new types from Sumitomo or Yazaki.

Do you have a place (other than eastern beaver) you like to get those Sumitomo or Yazaki connectors?

Also, unrelated, is Mattress King around the corner from Sofa King?

Do you have a place (other than eastern beaver) you like to get those Sumitomo or Yazaki connectors?

Also, unrelated, is Mattress King around the corner from Sofa King?

Just eastern beaver, corsa-technic and cycle terminal..but I haven't taken the deep dive. Cycle terminal is who I've used the most. I'm sure acquiring from Toyota would be pretty easy also if you wanted to go that route...not sure how different the pricing would be, but I always enjoy using genuine Toyota when I can.

Sofa King is under the same parent company as Mattress King, so essentially the same thing :)

You're able to source the 80s style sumitomo plugs from here? I've had luck finding 90s and 00s sumitomo connectors from places like ballinger, not the older stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom