Connect to factory bluetooth? - 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Longtime lurker on this forum and recent buyer of a 2006 LC that seems to be in great shape overall with low mileage. This forum has already provided a ton of useful threads for many of the questions I've had regarding the 100 series including my hopefully impending bypass (thanks Hewitt technologies!) of the dreaded 2245 and 0418 engine codes. But there is one "quirk" about the factory nav/audio unit that I haven't figured out:

When I first turn on the truck the display comes on and after 15-20 seconds there is a chime with a message on the display reading "Bluetooth connection failed." I can't find any mention of bluetooth in the factory manual or in any of the display menus - completely stumped.

From the little I've found it does not appear that this version of bluetooth would allow me to do anything of than use it for calls, but I don't even see how one would pair a phone to the factory bluetooth (if it is so equipped).

One last off topic question - pfran was previously a seller of LED interior light kits for the 100's, but his site doesn't appear active and I received no email in response to questions. Are any of you using another supplier of complete kits?

Thanks in advance

Wow huge thanks, would never have figured this out. Looks like a pretty archaic system but looking forward to getting rid of that dang error message on every startup.

I couldn't get my iPhone 11 to work on my 2006. I was able to add it to the paired phones, but on calls the mic didn't work. I went the BT45 TOY route and it's been great.

Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother trying to use the Bluetooth. Lot's of mods people have done to fix that hvac/nav/bluetooth integration fiasco

I have a 2006. I think the Toyota engineers where just kidding around - they really didn't intend for anyone to actually use the BT... it's that bad. Oh, so is the voice integration with the system.
Me: "FM 105.1"
100: "Showing restaurant icons"

I put a Vais unit in 10 years ago. It was okay. Last year, I swapped that for a GROM V-Line. That one's pretty damn good.

I added BT-45 TOY today. Vehicle seems to still trying to pair the old factory Bluetooth. Is there (a preferably) easy way to disable the factory BT so it doesn’t try to pair anymore?

I added BT-45 TOY today. Vehicle seems to still trying to pair the old factory Bluetooth. Is there (a preferably) easy way to disable the factory BT so it doesn’t try to pair anymore?

Delete your phone from the car.

Something like:
Info (hard button by screen)
Telephone
Settings
(Scroll down)
Bluetooth Delete
Select the phone you want to delete.

Thanks - “forgot” it on my phone but you are correct that I need to do that on the LC end, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom