Confirmation of ABS functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

So I've had an ECU that failed and I just replace the unit the past night. This extinguished all the Dash lights, but I don't believe the ABS is functioning correctly. When I stomp on the brakes to lock them up the ABS doesn't pulsate the pedal like I believe it should. I don't get any lights indicating that a problem exists with the ABS,VSC, ATRAC, etc. I did purchase the unit used from a seller on Ebay and want to make sure I didn't buy a defective unit what was somehow modified to make things look like they were functioning. Any suggestions???

You would have to slam the brakes pretty hard to activate the ABS on dry pavement. Any wet pavement close by that you could try it on? or, if not, take it "off-road" in a grassy area.

Sadly I need to think real hard where I can find a dirt or rock lot here around Chicago land. Damn near everything has been covered in concrete!!! Thanks for the tips.

Over some speed bumps might work too.

Does the pedal bottom out? It could be that while the electronics are functioning correctly your simply not generating enough mechanical force to induce a skid. I can get mine to activate at slower speeds but above about 35 on dry there's just too much momentum and leverage on dry pavement for it to approach lock.

Hello All,

So I've had an ECU that failed and I just replace the unit the past night. This extinguished all the Dash lights, but I don't believe the ABS is functioning correctly. When I stomp on the brakes to lock them up the ABS doesn't pulsate the pedal like I believe it should. I don't get any lights indicating that a problem exists with the ABS,VSC, ATRAC, etc. I did purchase the unit used from a seller on Ebay and want to make sure I didn't buy a defective unit what was somehow modified to make things look like they were functioning. Any suggestions???

Out of curiosity, how did you determine that the ABS ECU was bad? On my LC, I have multiple lights on the dash and techstream cannot communicate with the ABS ECU. My guess is that the ECU is bad but I was not sure if there is something else that could cause the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

If you can't communicated with the ECU it most likely is bad, aside from a wiring issue.

If you can't communicated with the ECU it most likely is bad, aside from a wiring issue.
Thanks, I saw in another post that you indicated that you verified that you had power to the ECU. Is there a particular pin to test for that? Any suggestions on where to locate one, other than the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom