Condition of SMOKED clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need your opinions on the condition of my clutch after the following:

I let a buddy drive my 60 while I took the 40. He was following behind me on a snowy road when I lost him. I back tracked and found him stuck in a snow bank. In his attempt to get "unstuck" the smoke from the clutch looked like the whole car was on fire. It probably smoked for a half hour and we smelled it the rest of the day.

I drove it today (two days later) and it seemed alright (no slippage).

I bought the 60 used and don't know when the clutch was changed last.

Your thoughts?

Drive it until it does slip, then fix it. He probably took 20K miles of life off it in 20 minutes, but what the heck, drive UNTIL it brakes, then fix it... You will get a decent warning when it starts slipping and you'll have a couple weeks to replace before it goes totally out... Good luck and don't let your buddy drive it again if hes gana be an idiot.

Now worries.....look at my name.....got it the same way wheelin with LSLC:D

Made a trail smell as bad as you did.....made 9 people sick:grinpimp:

Just kidin.....it made me a better wheeler....and a whole bunch of friends.:D

yeah, maybe he burned some of the oil off of it for ya.

it'll prolly go longer. drive it till it really slips, you'll know it. then replace it. they can take a beating, but they wear in the process.

don't let him drive it again. what a turd.

just changed mine and it was beat , the fly wheel was in pretty bad shape , the rivets on the disc were starting to contact the flywheel and the pressure plate. it was time and it still was not slipping

they will run a while with the rivets diggin into the flywheel :eek:)

when it explodes you really know yo uneed a new one!

run it im sure its fine.

i smoked my clutch a few times (before i had gears and was runnin the 35's) let the clutch cool a lil bit and it will begin to start workin better again.

yea sure you took some miles off of it but who cares.

pull clutch cover and inspect it.

I smoked my clutch 4 years ago in the rocks....still going strong (way better gearing now though)

hey my experience is to ck the hydaulic system.

my have developed some air in the line causing some issues.

i had a new clutch put in and had slippage caused by my clutch master system not being up to snuff.

just an idea.

will go a while before it goes ghost.

lol.. smoked mine on friday. I never had it smoke on me before, but it got me home no problem. How often do they smoke?

I can smell the Chicken Soup MMMMM Good !!!!

:)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom