Coms

I had much better success with the external antenna. The 5r with Nagoya mag mount on the roof and a handheld mike has worked really well.

I did just decide to upgrade to an Icom mobile but haven't installed it yet.
Like this?

3A2BC41B-9141-4EED-A590-86E051D3C08C.png

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
That's it. Then the Baofeng mic for better sound and ease of use instead of dragging the antenna cable. The radio tucks down under the e-brake when using it. I have been able to hit the Ceasars Head repeater from Boiling Springs with it but couldnt communicate a mile from inside the vehicle with the rubber duck.

So in anticipation of finally being able to attend and event, the parkway ride, I starting installing a new high zoot Bearcat cb in the LX. Then I read this &@$ thread and it looks like nobody is using them. Is this an absolute truth? Is there an assumption that club trail riders are all going to go Thru the HAM process? Asking for a friend

Last edited:

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
That was low. You shouldn’t talk to new again /old members like that until AFTER they’ve drank some of your beer
Don't worry, I still have a CB in my 80. I haven't used it since 2016, but it's there. Maybe for nostalgia we can chat with each other on a trail sometime. You know, like, if we're within 50 yards of each other.

Top Bottom