Compression experts for 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Not much familiar with the gassers, I checked a 2F and found the pressure to be

#1-140
#2-120
#3-120
#4-138
#5-130
#6-120

Acceptable?

Thanks
Rob

Milage on engine? (est)

Are you drinking oil?

Are you having running/drivability issues?

Are you simply finding a baseline?

Looks fine to me, for a truck with some time on it...

Run it, as long as it runs... ;)

Good luck!

-Steve

1977 FJ45 -56K or 156K

Not sure about oil consumption, does not blow any blue.

Baseline for a customer who might purchase this unit.

Runs real strong, hard for me to tell since I drive 3Bs and my wife 80 series with serious weight issues.

The 45 seems real strong and araound corners wants to break loose in second gear.

When idling it seems to have a pop or slight miss, might be ignition. New plugs,wires,cap and rotor.

Thanks
Rob

It would be interesting to wet test it. Technically, all chambers "should" be within 14.2 psi of each other, which they are not. Depending on what the wet test shows, worn rings, valves or a head gasket leak could result in the large difference.

When was the last time the valves were adjusted? Sometimes the pop or slight miss at idle is valve adjustement, and not ignition related... Just another idea...

What shape were the spark plugs in when you removed them?

Were they all dry and a light whitish-brown?

Plugs looked clean and dry, slight light grey brownish colour.

Last valve adjustment if ever done?

Rob

Run it.

Rattling valves shouldn't be as loud as a 3b ::), adjust valves. I have an F motor that runs fine with 1 or 2 cylinders around 100#'s. Check oil pressure, apx30 @ idle and 50 @2000 rpm or somewhere around there. Rust that builds up in the cylinders after storing too long, old oil eats up the rings. Run it, if it bugs whoever re-ring it, maybe valve job.

So is it the 80 with the serious weight issue? Or the wife? :D

I saw that coming :D

not the wife(Kathy) I have met her, she isn't heavy. the 80, but its just stock.........should see my fat ass 80 with a 3fe............now that has some wieght issue's ;)

[quote author=60wag link=board=1;threadid=11837;start=msg108198#msg108198 date=1077374422]
So is it the 80 with the serious weight issue? Or the wife? :D
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom