Colorado 4x4 shops (toy-crawlers in broomfield) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody used this shop for a lift or parts? I am having a tough time getting a response with an actual estimate. (Toy-crawlers.com)

When I contacted Slee with some questions, I had an estimate within an hour and even got a response at 10pm one night with some other questions I had. Looks like Slee may be the way to go.

Thanks

"When I contacted Slee with some questions, I had an estimate within an hour and even got a response at 10pm one night with some other questions I had. Looks like Slee may be the way to go."

and your thinking of someone else?..............

Christo and his guys are great with excellent customer service. Communication... PRICELESS!

Nuff said!

J

If you can't get a shop to respond to a simple estimate, imagine what could happen once you leave your truck there. ;)

I called LTS Motors in Boise for a quote on a timing belt, basic AHC checkout, and a repack for the front wheel and spindle bearings. Brian there had a quote for me within about 5 minutes, and I didn't have to call back...exactly what I would expect.

Steve

If you can't get a shop to respond to a simple estimate, imagine what could happen once you leave your truck there. ;)

I called LTS Motors in Boise for a quote on a timing belt, basic AHC checkout, and a repack for the front wheel and spindle bearings. Brian there had a quote for me within about 5 minutes, and I didn't have to call back...exactly what I would expect.

Steve
I agree 100%. Must be why nobody has heard of them.

Slee removed my AHC and installed a 1.5" OME suspension kit, they are totally awesome. I had a shock question and Christo spent 15 minutes on the phone with me later. Can't say enough good things about them.

I never got an actual estimate from toy-crawlers despite getting them the info of what I was looking for. They made my decision easy.

Headed to Slee today or tomorrow to take a look around and talk to the experts !

I never got an actual estimate from toy-crawlers despite getting them the info of what I was looking for. They made my decision easy.

Headed to Slee today or tomorrow to take a look around and talk to the experts !

The PO of my truck has the timing belt, water pump, 2'' OME lift and tires installed there. I still have the receipts, and I spoken with the owner before. He seemed like a very knowledgeable guy, my only complaint would be that the OP or shop did not install a diff drop to go along...

I'll echo the sentiments here as well. Slee is where it's at. Ben and Christo are a wealth of knowledge and I have been more than impressed with their services.

2.5 I believe, just had to re-clamp the CV's, might redo the U joints as well...

Hey guys I know this is a bit late but I just wanted to chip in a few cents. I have worked with both Slee and Toy Crawlers and have had excellent experiences with both. Christo and the team at Slee have been well known for a long time in the cruiser world and for good reason as they do incredible work and make tons of great stuff. Toy Crawlers on the other hand is an up and coming small company being run by an awesome ex Toyota master mechanic (Jacob Saunders). He started running the business from home and has been growing rapidly in the last 2 years due to his top notch work and service. Due to the smaller scale of the operation it just takes some understanding as he can't answer phones while building rigs and doesn't have a full time phone rep/sales staff. His prices are also much more reasonable as a result and his knowledge base and work are much broader than just LC's (tacoma, tundra. fj cruiser, 4runner ect.) How I look at it if you want a classic LC restoration or expo build Slee has the expertise like no one else but if your looking for a lift kit, a offroad /street build, or work on a modern toyota Toy Crawlers definitely deserves some consideration. Hope this is helpful, but in my opinion you cant go wrong with either shop!

Hard to give the new guy a shot when he gets all the info, but cant call back or follow up. Like they said above, whats it gonna be like when you have a problem. I gave him a couple shots and toy crawlers failed. Not the kind of company i do business with even if im saving a few bucks.

Has anybody used this shop for a lift or parts? I am having a tough time getting a response with an actual estimate. (Toy-crawlers.com)

When I contacted Slee with some questions, I had an estimate within an hour and even got a response at 10pm one night with some other questions I had. Looks like Slee may be the way to go.

Thanks
I had them do a lift on my 2016 4runner and he said they would do a body cut to prevent rubbing but when I picked it up that wasn't done and jacob assured me it wouldn't rub. It rubs and even though I paid him to do this he gave me attitude and refused to resolve the issue. Very unprofessional.

Reviving an old thread here, but i just wanted to chime in that I have had great interactions with Toy Crawlers. As stated before, they are a small operation and may not always be available to answer the phone, but they will get back to you and from my experience they will do what it takes to make the customer happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom