Coalmont OHV Park update (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn, just looked our Georgia Cruisers club page this morning sorry I missed it. Any plans when the next work day is going to be?

Most of what we are doing right now is heavy equipment work. In a few weeks we should need more help putting up the pavilion and trimming trails. I’ll try to give more notice next time.

Is the park all the way at the end of B mine? I was in the area for work today and drove way back in there (not all the way to the end) and didn't see any sign of a drive.

Just curious.

Is the park all the way at the end of B mine? I was in the area for work today and drove way back in there (not all the way to the end) and didn't see any sign of a drive.

Just curious.
Yep. Drive all the way back through the two gates. Look for the silt fence on the right side of the road.

You can enter Coalmont OHV Park in google maps and it puts a marker in the trailhead.

Currently we are doing heavy equipment work. We will need volunteers in the future for installing fence, trimming trails and cutting in primitive camp sites. We are having legal issues on the access easement which is holding up the fencing and the rain is holding up the dirt work. I will try to give a couple weeks notice for work days.

What is the legal issue? If there is a recorded access easement, there should be no issue. Or does the easement not grant rights for fencing and such?

The land owner is a retired lawyer. The biggest issue is over water. The state says the local water co op is not a government entity so if we use grant funds to build the line we cannot turn line over to the water coop,so it will be a private line and landowner can’t have a tap. Our easement says ingress, egress and utilities. His argument is that if the water line is a private line it’s not a utility. The fence issue is partly leverage for water line and also 1/3 of ROW is fenced with high tensile electric fence which we were going to move to edge of easement, he now wants us to replace it with 5 strand barb wire. His argument is it’s his land and by fencing the ROW we will be taking away 2 acres of pasture. 50 foot ROW, 20 foot gravel road, shoulders and ditched for drainage on both sides, not much on the 50 left for pasture.

Yeah, no. Not sure who says Big Creek isn't a public entity, but they are wrong. I will call you or Andy tomorrow to discuss this

Gearld Parish, head of TDEC Rec Service said Bug Creek did not qualify.
I’ll be onsite all day give me a call.

We are putting up the 40x84 ft Pavilion that STLCA donated tomorrow. Asked for help on FB but have not received any reply’s. I know a lot of you are busy getting ready for GSMTR but if you have time we need a few extra hands. We will start at 8 AM cst

pavilion.jpg
Untitled.png

Work at the park continues, this weekend we had a crew working on the pavilion, they put in the cross bracing on the end trusses and installed more purlins. The contractor finished the outside walls on the Bathhouse, and we started graveling the parking lot.
Saturday December 5 th, weather permitting, we will have a workday to put up the remaining trusses and put the metal roof on the pavilion. We will have equipment to set the trusses but will need lots of help bolting everything in place and installing the remaining purlins, bring a screw shooter if you have one.

Hey Rodger,
Are y'all still setting up work days? When's the next one? I'll be off the Dec 24th-Jan 3rd

The next one is next Saturday & Sunday , will need to see where we are after the weekend. We have been asked not to schedule anything for December 12 as it is the AOP toy run. May try a work day on the 19th. Wasn’t planning on anything during the Holidays. Our new year’s ride is January 1-3.

The next one is next Saturday & Sunday , will need to see where we are after the weekend. We have been asked not to schedule anything for December 12 as it is the AOP toy run. May try a work day on the 19th. Wasn’t planning on anything during the Holidays. Our new year’s ride is January 1-3.

Sounds good, I should be able to make it next weekend. ✌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom