Coalmont OHV Park update (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We meet Monday to approve an ad for engineering and surveying service then next month decide who to hire. We have to follow state rule and advertise for bids so things will not move as fast as we would like.

We meet tomorrow night to review and recommend an A&E firm then the city will pick a firm and draw up a contract then send it to the state for approval. Once approved we they will draw the plans that will also have to be approved by the state then we may be able to start work on trail head. Not a clue how long this process is going to take.

Who did you get qualifications responses from?

Michael Brady, wiser engineering,CRS engineering, Farmer and Morgan and OLG

So far this is the only forum that I have found that talks about any updates for coalmont. Is there any where else to keep up to date? I ment to go to the last sfwda annual meeting but completely forgot about it.

Right now this is it. We still have more questions than answers. Once we actually start work we will open a FB page for the world to see.we are in the process of getting a contract between OLG Engineering and the City.

Cool deal! I've been following this project off and on for a couple years since I first read the proposal that was posted online. Is it still looking like loop trails will be this spring? I've never been to this area but look forward to helping if i can and wheeling it in the future!

The park has a few trails , most are not currently looped As the trail head is being constructed we will be laying out trails and asking for volunteers to help clear them. STLCA is the SFWDA sponsor club for this Park, so we will be scheduling work days and organizing volunteers, looking forward to seeing you there.

Technically not open but no signs and people are riding it. We came out through park on New Years ride.

We hope to start construction on trail head later this week or next week. We have started working on trails, but have not mark them yet. It will be at least 6 months to a year before park is open.

We have started construction, have rented a Cat 3k dozer and 320 excavator and have a JD 850 dozer with rippers coming next week.
we have cleared a path around trailhead and will be putting up silt fence Saturday, May 9, l know this is short notice but We could use a few good men and women to help. We will uses dozer with blade angled to dig trench ,then roll out the fence and drive steaks into ground. We have about 4000 ft to
Install.
E2077F98-F929-4272-9557-40DE5448FC23.jpeg

The good was not referring to character but ability to work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom