Clutch Slave Location? Photos? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm fairly confident now that my clutch slave on my 1972 FJ40 project is supposed to be installed on the passenger side. It has the F engine with factory 3 speed. Problem is the engine builder installed the clutch fork on the driver side.

Can any of you with a 1972 and factory drivetrain post up a few photos of your clutch slave location and the hydraulic line running from the clutch master to the slave?

This has been a major hang up for me on this project. Thanks in advance.

Here was my first inquiry on the subject with a few pictures. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/698127-72-fj40-clutch-slave-install-w-aqualu-tub.html

If it is stock it is suppose to be on the drivers side. I don't have a photo handy but this much I know.

image-1708068881.jpg

Driver side location on mine.
image-1708068881.jpg

Hi all,

X 2 on my '74 FJ40.

But, with a 2F bell housing you can do either side.

Regards,

Alan

If it is stock it is suppose to be on the drivers side. I don't have a photo handy but this much I know.

F motor slave is on drivers side... 2F on passenger side.

I swapped my 74 from passenger side to drivers side with the SBC swap, so no pics.

TTT

Ok, so if it's supposed to be on the driver side can some post a picture of yours for me? I have the brackets and am kind of sure how it bolts up but not 100%.

My 74 F with 4 speed and 3 finger clutch had slave on driver side stock. I moved it to passenger side when I changed bell housings and switched to diaphragm clutch. Hope this helps, don't have any pics handy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom