1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Slave install

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mutt, Mar 3, 2007.

1. mutt

mutt

I've got my new clutch slave and master and I'm set to install. Still haven't recieved my Haynes and haven't ordered FSM's. :whoops:
    I'm looking to install the slave so I can get it to the house to work on the master.
    Any pitfalls to look for, or is it a bolt and bleed.
    Thanks

2. Jon in NC

Jon in NC

Mine was pretty much a bolt and bleed. I didn't have a manual either, just looked at the SOR catalogue pics and did it. I did the master and slave in a couple of hours. The hard part was getting the old stuff off. Good luck.

3. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You can look at the FSM on my web site or you can download it from www.birfield.com.

4. mutt

mutt

Thanks.
    Got the slave in and got it to the house. I'm holding off on the master until I dig into a rebuild on the rear brakes. Seems I'll need to pull the brake master and booster to get to the inside bolt on the clutch master.:censor: I'd rather replace and bleed all of it one time.

5. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Unless someone has installed something not factory, you should not have problem getting on the fasteners securing the clutch master cylinder to the firewall, and defiantly should not have to remove the brake booster and master in order to change this component.

The bleeder screw is mounted ‘up’ on the slave, correct? :)