"Clunk" noise when changing to recirculate on AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just cleaned out my blower motor and evaporator box. Upon placing everything back together I noticed a "clunk" noise when changing from outside air to recirculate. Only in this direction do I have the issue, not the other way around.

Linkage does not appear to be rubbing on anything. AC Blows cold and the flap does work.

Is this normal? Any ideas on how to fix?

See video in link:

There is a linkage with a lobed cut out that opens and loses a much smaller air door opposite the large one there. It seems to close more quickly and harshly than the front (literally playing with this thing today). I'm guessing the foam on the door that seals it and keeps it quiet has degraded.

Jason

There is a linkage with a lobed cut out that opens and loses a much smaller air door opposite the large one there. It seems to close more quickly and harshly than the front (literally playing with this thing today). I'm guessing the foam on the door that seals it and keeps it quiet has degraded.

Jason
You're right.

Tore everything apart again and the foam is coming off and the issue is with one of the doors. Those flaps are way up in the dash. Not worth to handle at the moment.

Must have been happening for awhile and I didn't notice. Going to leave as is and get to this when other issues arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom