Club Business Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was approached by a member of the Bighorn 4x4 club of Colorado Springs. He told me the forest service shows our Club Colorado Land Cruisers as the club responsible for Reynolds Wrap (AKA Saran Wrap) He wanted to know if the Bighorn club could take over that trail as no work had been done on it for several years. Anyone know anything about this?

Dont know about that. But we were talking about which trail we wanted to adopt at the last meeting. We talked about FR379 Mount Baldy. I sent a note to the district VP for the state association for clarification but no respose yet. I'll give him until the end of the week before I contact the State Association President.

Reynolds is our official adopted trail and he is correct, no work has been done for a few years. As far as I know.

AFIK, the last Reynold's Wrap cleanup was 10/2013. We should schedule something soon and repeat on a regular basis OR we should give up the trail. I don't see a reason to adopt a different trail. This one is in close proximity to the club and is named for a former club member.

AFIK, the last Reynold's Wrap cleanup was 10/2013. We should schedule something soon and repeat on a regular basis OR we should give up the trail. I don't see a reason to adopt a different trail. This one is in close proximity to the club and is named for a former club member.
I agree and it should become a part of our annual trip planning schedule.

All - Last night's TLCA BODREPS meeting was short and sweet. 16 clubs including CLC had representation at the meeting.

Here are the digested notes:
1. Toyota Trails: Deadlines for submissions for the SEP/OCT issue is July 15th. They are always looking for chapter reports, chapter spotlights, new member spotlights and photos of all kinds.
2. Rubithon: Registration #s are way down this year - only 125 as of 24 May. May 31st is the last day for registration but a $25 late fee applies. Execution dates are 21-26 June. Rubithon | The Official Toyota Land Cruiser Association Annual Event.
3. TLCA Member Services: TLCA surpassed 3000 members. TLCA is now 3011 members strong. 40th Anniversary T-shirts should ship today (25 May) and three new colors of 40th Anniversary stickers have been ordered - look for them online. These items have been hot sellers and have netted the association a lot of revenue.

My recommendation (motions):
1. CLC should seek volunteers and appoint a member to draft a chapter spotlight for the SEP/OCT issue of Toyota Trails Magazine. This is especially important because we turn 20 this year. Deadline for draft should be 1 July for a directors review.
2. I recommend a follow up article be drafted for the NOV/DEC issue (deadline should be September 15th) highlighting our 20th Anniversary Events - short chapter history.

On another note - I've sent a follow up email to the Southern District VP for the State Association reference trail adoption. Between these email I received no response from him so I also included the State Association Secretary (Brian O'Connors) who also lives in The Springs. Again I extended an invite to both of them to attend our next meeting.

Recommendation:
1. CLC should seek volunteers and appoint a land use coordinator. This individual will be responsible for all coordination with the Forest Service and maintain all trail agreements
2. CLC BOD should conduct a review of any and all trail adoption agreements currently held with the Forest Service prior to the next general meeting.

Sorry for the extremely long post. Needed to get all of that out to the collective in the event I don't make it back from Poland in time for the next meeting.

V/R,
JB

Reactions: SAS
I am writing a "Chapter Update" for submission to Toyota Trails. I plan to submit today or tomorrow to beat the deadline (July 15) for print in the September/October issue.

If he is willing I think Leon would make a great land use coordinator.

I was asked if CLC would be interested in participating in the Christmas for kids program

I am contacting you on behalf of Christmas for Kids, which is a committee operating within several Southern Colorado four wheel drive clubs, including Colorado Four Wheelers, Colorado Springs Christian 4-Wheelers, and Bighorn 4x4 of Colorado Springs. Every year during the holiday season the local four wheelers work with the El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS) to sponsor children in need to provide Christmas gifts ranging from toys to the necessities for daily life. Additionally, we hold a raffle and the proceeds allow us to sponsor more children. All raffle items are donated from local businesses and we always have an incredible showing of community support. In 2014 over 144 children were sponsored and the raffle provided $2,000 toward that effort. In 2015, 178 children were sponsored and we were able to raise $4693.00! The gift delivery and raffle this year will take place on December 3, 2016.

We are asking for your participation in an event that provides a great service in our community. Any donation of merchandise, gift certificate, or monetary gifts will be greatly appreciated. All participating businesses will be recognized at the raffle event. These donations are tax-deductible and, if previous years are any indication, we anticipate a generous participation by the businesses and individuals in the area. We utilize the Tax Exempt number of our local Department of Human Services, 84-1184965.

Thank you for your support of those in need,

Sincerely,

Christmas for Kids Committee

ChristmasForKidsColorado@gmail.com

facebook.com/ChristmasForKidsColorado

I was asked if CLC would be interested in participating in the Christmas for kids program

Added to the "new business" column for the monthly club meeting tonight (7pm at Larry H Miller Toyota on southside/Motor Mile).

Hey guys, I'd like to snag the club's CO2 tank to take on the Utah/ Arizona trip. Not sure who has it though.

Yes, I have it. Going to pass to Greg one day this week.

Guys - Who has the club's banner? I hear we have one, but no one has seen it for a while. Would love to have it for this week's social at the Ivywild. If not I guess I will get one made! Let's get the word out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom