Cloth speaker cover - Front Speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone replaced/fixed the cloth speaker covering in the front doors of a 100? MY 04 has the passenger speaker with the cloth covering about 1/2 off. Would love to replace/repair it but can't find anything on the YouTube to help.

Pull the cloth and paint the plastic. In my opinion, it looks better than the original cloth and is easier to clean.

IMG_5500.JPEG

IMG_5501.JPEG

I'm sure I have pics in my build thread, but I recovered mine. I just bought a length of speaker cover material in a color I liked. The stuff I bought is "cushiony" compared to a flat fabric. I used 3m Super77 spray adhesive, worked great.

Just FYI, you can remove the speaker cover by just removing the lower perimeter plugs and bolts then prying the bottom apart and from there you can access the 3 screws or nuts that hold the speaker cover onto the door card.

and also when you try to remove the window control panel on the door, do not force it. there is chance that the whole front tab is inside the edge. use 90 degree pick tool to pick it out. trim tool is not very useful here.

I pulled the fabric off last weekend and painted mine like was posted above and an very happy with the results as well. I used duplicolor fabric/plastic paint.

Thanks y'all! Going to go the pull and paint method maybe this weekend bc I can see me fixing the fabric and my kids completely pulling that crap back out accidentally with their feet. I really appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom