Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

57481526-DCCC-43D5-A3D7-71C4CFEEC27F.jpeg

You might find the hard core section more helpful based on your land cruiser.

Good point. I wasn’t thinking of this as a hard core build though it might be more fitting in that channel. How do I move this thread? It looks like I cant edit it once it is posted. Is this correct?

Tell me more. I haven’t been on mud in a very long time. So long that I had to open a new account and there seem to be so many new social norms that I am not used to.
if you type @, you can type in a tag, and the person mentioned gets a notif. @BMThiker is a mod and could probably help

I see, @Pura Vida. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I didn’t build this thread correctly. I am probably in need of a lot of help, so much that I don’t even realize it.

This was supposed to be a build thread, not a help thread. How do I create a build thread?
no idea on that one lol, my build thread is just a normal one too

A few questions, why did you cut the inner c? it comes off without cutting it. Also looks like you have cut the tube on the inside and out. You need to fill those back in and grind them down so it does not create a weak spot.

Good luck with the build. as said above you might want to move it to the hardcore section. You will get more traction there. This forum has turned into a more stockish restoration area.

Do not let this discourage you. This forum has a lot of wealth on it and a lot of builds have been done and documented. Look at the faqs at the top of the page and it will help answer a lot of questions.

Rob

Thanks for the tips, Rob. I will work on relocating this to the other section.

The inner C was stuck. I tried to wrap the tube in an ice cold towel while heating up the C and it would not budge so I decided to replace them. The notches in the tube are from the original weld after the grinding was over. I’m not sure what happened there. It’s possible that I hit it with the plasma and it filled back in with hot metal, appearing to be weld. I will fix that today.

I have the right side to remove today. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, @matzell

image.jpg

Use a chop saw or angle grinder with cutting disc and cut tube at C. Then use a sawzall and cut a slice in tube inside C the press out. This way you save the C.

Last edited:
Great tips, Bob. I see what you are talking about now. The through and through cut was part of the tube that I was removing so I was trying to alleviate pressure so that I could save the C.

I decided to go with Reid inner Cs in the middle of the project so I went a little crazy with the cutting. The right side was even harder to remove and I was being extra careful because I am not shortening that side. All is well and I am ready to press the new Cs on.

heat the C on a grill and it will slide right on. check first as is looks like you sanded down the tube. It should be a press fit. weld the side with the exposed tube only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom