Cliffs Insane Terrain - May 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
Day before Mother's Day run at the Cliffs.

Looks like the Trail Team and our beloved benevolent dictator will be there.

If you haven't been, this is a great excuse to try it out.

If you live in the Windy area and haven't gone, this is your chance to go with a bunch of folks. Lots of people will be uninterested in body damage, so there will be opportunity for easy wheelin'. I'd like to get a group to go do carnage, 7 and 10 as well.

Can't wait Gumby, I'll be passing thru for this event between TX and TN....IL's in the middle, right? hehehe

Fun

Is this years midwest team the same as last years midwest team?

UPDATE

The time we are meeting is 8:30 am on Saturday, May 12th.

Their website is here The Cliffs Insane Terrain

You will need a flag, but they sell them at the office if you don't have one.

There is a compressor on site to air back up afterwards.

The cost is discounted to $17 per vehicle for this event.

Directions to The Cliffs:

2400 East Bluff Street
Marseilles, IL 61341

From the North (Rockford):
I-39 south to I-80. I-80 east to Exit 97- Marseilles. Turn south onto
CR 15/ Rutland St./ E 24th St. and go all the way into Marseilles (about 3 miles), at stop sign at bottom of hill, turn left onto Rte. 6
and go west to park (about 2-3 miles). Park will be on left side, mile
or so past quarry.

From the Northeast and East (Chicago):
I-55 or I-57 south to I-80 west (Des Moines). I-80 west to Exit 105- Seneca. Turn left (south) at top of off-ramp and go approx. 1 mile to 4-way stop (Rte. 6). Go straight thru and continue on Rte. 6 thru Seneca towards Marseilles. Park is on right side, approx. 2 miles past 4-way stop in Seneca.

From the West (Quad Cities):
I-80 east to Exit 97- Marseilles. Turn south onto CR 15/ Rutland St./ E 24th St. and go all the way into Marseilles (about 3 miles), at stop sign at bottom of hill turn left onto Rte. 6 and go east to park (about 2-3 miles). Park will be on left side, π mile or so past quarry.

From the South : Bloomington/Springfield/Peoria, etc.:
Rte. 51 North towards LaSalle/ Peru to I-39 to Rte. 6 East. Rte.6 all the way to Marseilles. Continue on Rte. 6 thru Marseilles about 2-3 miles, park is on left side past quarry.

Champaign/Urbana:
I-74 to Rte. 47 North to Morris, head west on Rte. 6. Follow Rte. 6 out of town about 8-10 miles to 4 way stop, turn left to follow Rte. 6 towards Seneca and continue on Rte. 6 thru Seneca towards Marseilles. Park is on right side, approx. 2 miles past 4-way stop in Seneca.

thecliffstd0.png

Last edited:
The Central team consists of Conard, Robbie, Chris, Rod, and JP....I'm also making a swing thru from the East team.

Should be a GREAT day of wheelin!!

<bump>

looks like I'm spendin a few days in Rochester MN prior to this one....and I outta have my 80-series down there too ;)

<bump>

looks like I'm spendin a few days in Rochester MN prior to this one....and I outta have my 80-series down there too ;)

you lead a tough life there woody :grinpimp:

Is this a 1 day event? Or are we wheeling sunday too?

hhhhmm....lol

I'm only wheelin on Sat, need to head to Tellico and be there on Monday midday....need a place to crash on Fri and Sat tho, will check on what the Central crew will be doing....

it's a rough life...lol

There is a campground just North of The Cliffs if that is what you are looking for, otherwise we can sugest a few locations.

Is this a 1 day event? Or are we wheeling sunday too?

I wanted to wheel my other rig this weekend as well, but the shocks I recieved from Doetsch Tech today look to be 1 1/2" too short.

Had a great time today everyone, and it was awesome to add a few faces to the usernames...hope everyone made it home safely!

Tundra 5.7 dragged the pig home like nobodies business. I do love that truck. How come you guys don't have one to show off?

Had a great time today. I'm glad everybody seemed to wheel as hard as they wanted and not harder than they were comfortable.

The Trail Team presence sure makes an event. Thanks a bunch to Roosterdo for suggesting it and thanks to Woody for making the side trip to wheel in the Midwest.

I was amazed at the FJCs. The owners' attitude toward wheeling them is great.

Last edited:
We had a great time. It was a different park than my last trip out due to it being so dry, but it just made for a different kind of wheeling. It was great to see Gumby and Roosterdoo again, and to meet Scott, Woody, and the other trail team members.

I'm ready to go again. :D

Had a blast out there today guys....... I was really impressed by the number of FJCs running around and it is great to see them getting used the way they are supposed to be :grinpimp:

I look forward to wheeling with you guys in Attica in a few months..... see you on the trails

:cheers:
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom