Clicking/Ticking noise 2023 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Hello, i am new to this forum. I need help/advise where to look for this Clicking/ticking noise. I brought it to dealer 3 times and they coulnt pin point where the noise is coming from. I am waiting for an appointment for a "master" technician to come and look at it (sent from Corporate). I could hear the noise when my front windows are down at lower speed and low throttle. No clicking/ticking sound at iddle, in park. It only occurs after the engine is warmed up. it is noticeable from a stop and accelerating up through 20-30mph between 1000 - 2500 RPM.

Sorry you're having issues on a new truck. Can you put some time stamps when it is happening in this video? I had a hard time determining what you're referencing. I think not having a visual reference kind of made it a little harder too. Where were you recording this from?

Sorry you're having issues on a new truck. Can you put some time stamps when it is happening in this video? I had a hard time determining what you're referencing. I think not having a visual reference kind of made it a little harder too. Where were you recording this from?
the ticking/clicking im referring: example at the 15 second mark and 28 second. I apology for the video. I did not have a gopro so what i did i taped up my cellphone to the side steps of the truck. I tried holding the phone with the windows down but the wind was interfering with the sound.

Thanks for the clarifying but that is really hard to diagnose. Just sounds like some light ticking but doesn't sound like any sound I'm familiar with since it seems to be when you are accelerating. When I hear ticking or clicking, I think lifters or CV joints but that isn't what this is.

From what you wrote, at least you're able to get Lexus to acknowledge the noise is there.
Seems so often that something like that will never manifest itself when a dealer tech is looking at it.

Hello, i am new to this forum. I need help/advise where to look for this Clicking/ticking noise. I brought it to dealer 3 times and they coulnt pin point where the noise is coming from. I am waiting for an appointment for a "master" technician to come and look at it (sent from Corporate). I could hear the noise when my front windows are down at lower speed and low throttle. No clicking/ticking sound at iddle, in park. It only occurs after the engine is warmed up. it is noticeable from a stop and accelerating up through 20-30mph between 1000 - 2500 RPM.

Hi, any solution found for this ? Im experiencing the same for 2023 GX460 1000 miles only?

Same exact sound on my '23 GX460 with 6k miles. Noticed it after changing oil. From my brief searching, it appears to be from the valve train not being fully lubricated after oil changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom