Clearview Towing Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mingles

GOLD Star
Threads
The OTHER shaky mirror fix... :)

After a few years of being on the fence, I purchased a pair of Clearview telescoping towing mirrors about 3 months ago. They are made in Australia and are imported and distributed by Atlantic British Ltd. in NY. At $550ish for the set, they are not cheap, but the quality is top notch and from a towing standpoint, the view is head and shoulders above the stock mirrors. I use my 80 for towing in my job so this was a "justifiable ;)" business expense for me.

Pros
  • Excellent field of view
  • Wide angle section field of view is amazing - there are NO blind spots
  • No shake or wind noise
  • Installation is easy and mates with the OEM wiring and controls
  • Customer service of both the manufacturer and distributor is excellent

Cons
  • High purchase price - I realize new stock OEM mirrors could have been sourced cheaper
  • Unlike OEM mirrors, passenger main mirror section is just flat glass as opposed to convex
  • Even folded in, the Clearview mirrors still stick out 9" from the truck (equal to the stock mirror in its normal position)

As with many items currently, the wait time was a few months for these mirrors to be in stock. When I finally received the mirrors, the passenger mirror was fitted with the incorrect harness adapter from the manufacturer. After emailing Atlantic British Ltd about the issue, in less than a week I had the correct wiring harness in my hands from Australia along with a few beer cozies for my trouble. Mistakes happen. It is how a company deals with them that makes a difference. I wouldn't hesitate to order from either company again.

Clearview Towing Mirrors - Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series - https://www.clearviewmirrorsusa.com/towing-mirrors/toyota-land-cruiser-80-series/

1.jpg

slide 2.jpg

Slide 3.jpg

slide 4.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! These are exactly what is needed. Price point is a tad bit high, but wow 🤩. Thank you for finding this and posting. I look forward to hearing more about your experience with them. I’m sold 👍

4WD 24/7 approved. They look sweet.

Very nice, I've been eyeballing these and had a chance to see a pair in person at the local cruiser club. Very stout and very sharp. I'm seriously considering a set.

Very nice, I've been eyeballing these and had a chance to see a pair in person at the local cruiser club. Very stout and very sharp. I'm seriously considering a set.
Update - 9 months in and I’m still very happy with them. They just work the way they are supposed to.

The only “con” I’ve discovered is that after a good soaking (rain, car wash, etc), and then sub-freezing temperatures, the main “folding in” pivot freezes and the mirrors won’t fold in to the truck. All the power adjustments work fine, the mirrors just won’t fold in. A bit of sun on the hinge, or temps warming up, they fold in just normal.

This may be a non-issue for most, but I daily cross a narrow bridge that requires my mirrors to be folded in. In the winter I need to remember to fold the mirrors in the night before so that I’m not stuck in the morning. I suspect I can disassemble the hinge and grease it but have not gotten around to that yet.

I've been eyeballing the Next-Gen series that are a smidgen smaller and have a telescoping arm rather than the trombone arm. They only stick out a bout 14" vs. 17" for the Originals. Folded in they are about as deep as OEM mirrors folded out.

Link to the Next Gen series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom