Clarification regarding LED replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I just have a few questions upon browsing the superbrightleds.com site and inputing my car:

1. If I plan to change all my bulbs + turn signals to LEDs, would I need the Flasher unit + Load Resistor? Or will just changing the Flasher unit or just load resistor suffice? I need even my front and side turn signals to be changed to LEDs

2. Generally, will placing LEDs into the stock halogen housings dampen/weaken the LED power? Im assuming since the housing was designed for Halogen, then LEDs might end up weaker than halogen lights.

3. IF LEDs can possibly be brighter even in a halogen housing, what kind of LED light spread degree should i get for my tail/break/signal lights? 360 degrees? 90? 45? 180?

4. I am also considering simply buying the DEPO LX450/LC80 Clear Style Tail Light housing unit with built in LEDs already. are these powerful LEDs or simple ones where you just see the dots clearly? If i do buy this, do i still need to buy a flasher unit / load resistor?

Thanks!

You will need a different relay for your for your indicators when you change those to leds. They will otherwise flash way too fast.

Led taillights are bright enough and for me they were a true upgrade. Changed the normal bulbs to led aswell.

For your headlights I would buy Depo head lights and retrofit HID's with hid projectors in them. In my opinion using leds as a replacement of the normal low or high beams isn't possible yet with good results as aftermarket solution.

Last edited:
You will need a different relay for your for your indicators when you change those to leds. They will otherwise flash way too fast.

Led taillights are bright enough and for me they were a true upgrade. Changed the normal bulbs to led aswell.

For your headlights I would buy Depo head lights and retrofit HID's with hid projectors in them. In my opinion using leds as a replacement of the normal low or high beams isn't possible yet with good results as aftermarket solution.

Thanks Dutchy! It's just that I saw some youtube videos regarding LED bulbs being weaker than their Halogen counterparts IF you place them in the stock Halogen Housing. Moreover, theres also talk about putting red LEDS in red housings only, etc.

The LED tailights already come with resistors built-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom