Clarence's super slow, super poormans 100 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Naw I took the gamble and lost

I was going to do it this past February but ran out of money and time

Truck has 220k .... timing belt?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it had been done...
I'll have to do some more research but I don't think it was OEM

Not that it matters now...

Trying to figure out what the best approach is... Rebuild, pull heads and check ect

Sure nobody wants to buy this?

Full disclosure. I think it might be overdue for a timingbelt.

Engine go BOOM? or belt just shred....any cool noises when it decided to shred..?

No noise. Just slowed to a stop

So updates? Where is it? Are you pulling the heads?

If you have to pull the heads and intake you might as well upgrade the starter and starter contacts since you have to do that anyway to get to the starter. You can put the bigger starter that came on the 03+ I believe.

No updates...

I'm betting it will be more than a month before I actually do anything

No noise. Just slowed to a stop

Did the engine cut off by itself? I think they sometimes put a failsafe in the computer to shut things down. I accidently hit the gear shifter in an automatic ford truck into reverse going 40 mph and instead of shifting, the truck shut down. No damage and the dealer told me the the computer went into fail safe mode to prevent catastrophic damage. He may been full of it, but

oh yeah.
It was just the timing belt.

Brief summary.…. Replaced the belt cranked it up and drove away; it’s been running fine since.

So.
I was just sitting around, thinking about the barista elf. I thought though that was dumb it would be nice to have a espresso machine.

I went to the garage; started cutting wires and duct taping stuff together and this is what I came up with.

D654C3B4-E53B-4B3A-9B3D-1199EA5F0545.jpeg

It doesn’t make espresso ( yet) and it’s not a bomb (yet).
Got some finishing up to do and maybe one day I can have a real espresso at camp.

4FF6496D-3E76-4C83-894A-686B01B14964.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom