Clarence's super slow, super poormans 100 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClankBang

Internet Excogitator
Threads
Well I did it.
I bought a 2001 Cruiser with 178K for 11 out the door....Not bad (I think).
This build will be as cheap as possible.
The goal is to have a family hualer that is mildly built for light off road and camping.

I'm getting the 80 parts in tomorrow (except the fan shroud) so it will be officially up for sale this weekend.

Have to say after a few days of driving it the 100 is a hippo and makes the 80 feel like a Olympic gold metal gymnasts.

I mean it's like some took a cadalac and breed it with a bus.

More come.

Last edited:
Pics? Plans? Specifics?

where PICs on this story?

a coworker has a lexus 470 I think....around 01 year model, I've been watching to see if they ever sell it. I would bet a months pay its never been off the pavment.

By the way the 100 is now and will be for sale..

wjteht0_18.jpg

How I found her..
20120813_173801.jpg

What she looks like now with running boards and flares removed.
You can actually see the one bad spot I had under the flares (right below the rear door). There is a spot i need to (try and) sand and hit with touch up paint.
I cranked the torsion bars a couple of turns too.

I hope to get more in depth as I proceed.
The next step will be to add spacers in the rear.
After that will be to address the exhaust tick on passenger side.
Lucky if I need a new manifold that is the easy side to replace.

Last edited:
Pics? Plans? Specifics?
My only specific plans is to modify with only home built, used, or cheap parts. If I can find a part that's all three then ill yell yatzi! and throw it on.
The only new parts I will use are critical (such as exhaust manifold).

Yep no emotional connection to this 100 just seemed to nice to let go to Iran ( I'll explain at the next meeting).
There are two other 100's out there that are as good if not a better deal.
Not saying I'm trying to flip it (as in make money) but will sell to anyone who wants it for what I got in it.

ClankBang said:
Yep no emotional connection to this 100 just seemed to nice to let go to Iran ( I'll explain at the next meeting).
There are two other 100's out there that are as good if not a better deal.
Not saying I'm trying to flip it (as in make money) but will sell to anyone who wants it for what I got in it.

I was gonna say you already screwed up by telling the price!

Last edited:
I do like those 17s.. But the only way I can swing it is if I find some really cheap tires in a 17.

ClankBang said:
I do like those 17s.. But the only way I can swing them is if I find some really cheap tires in a 17.

Yell at Christmasmud ! He had some 17's for sale .

Nice looking ride though! I find it humorous you said a LIGHT WHEELER! I've never seen your foot be anywhere close to LIGHT! Mama will have your ass if you destroy this one.......

nice looking truck....If I lived a lot closer to work I might have one for a DD but can't do that now.

Elbert said:
nice looking truck....If I lived a lot closer to work I might have one for a DD but can't do that now.

Story of my life...haha.

If I sell my Mazda B3000 I'll have to dd one of the cruisers...maybe I need a hundoe...

Story of my life...haha.

If I sell my Mazda B3000 I'll have to dd one of the cruisers...maybe I need a hundoe...

Maybe you need this hundo

zrheard said:
4wd?

Sent usin the "new" app.

Neg, it's a B3000 not a b4000 :(

Good truck...22.5 mpg when I don't use my AC. Haha

Ahhhh if I could sell my maroon 80 I'd probably jump at a hundoe...

What has happened to me!?
Driving the 100 must get into your blood.

I have literally spent hours cleaning the leather on the front seats ....... with a toothbrush!

The secret is light small circles and time.... lots of time.

Last edited:
Transformation commence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom