Circle rubber part at base of wiper ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there

the circle rubber gasket that sits base of wiper on the cowl, anybody know what that is called or the part number?

One of mine is torn and i would like to replace it

thanks

There’s- Toyota p/n 85247-90A01 is this what you mean?

there’s also a grommet at the base of the wiper arm - see first photo in this thread (also this thread has the part numbers for the 4 Runner wiper arms)

pivot caps are still available from Toyota

1614525517364.png

Here is the part I need (broken on bottom of wiper)

@g-man the part you posted is the same as mine ? And these work on all 60 and 62? Thanks

198DB1D5-9E6F-4420-B0C0-0C09CAC75B33.jpeg

Yes. The part number I gave and the image @g-man shows is the part you want. Shop around. Prices vary. OEM Toyota is available.
Great

got a dealership one much cheaper than vendors. Ordered 8 of them . Be here March 9

appreciate the help

To answer your next question, flip the plastic arm cover up to expose the nut. Then you can pull the cover off. Do this carefully so you don't break the plastic arm cover. Then remove the nut. I think its 14mm. Then take a fine sharpie and mark a line or dot on the wiper arm base and another next to it on the spline base so you can put the wiper on in the same position. then pull the wiper arm off (the splines) It should come straight away w/out a lot of prying. The new cap snaps in. You'll see the grooves in the bottom of it that grap the metal in the cowl.

To answer your next question, flip the plastic arm cover up to expose the nut. Then you can pull the cover off. Do this carefully so you don't break the plastic arm cover. Then remove the nut. I think its 14mm. Then take a fine sharpie and mark a line or dot on the wiper arm base and another next to it on the spline base so you can put the wiper on in the same position. then pull the wiper arm off (the splines) It should come straight away w/out a lot of prying. The new cap snaps in. You'll see the grooves in the bottom of it that grap the metal in the cowl.
Excellent and MUCH appreciated!

Here I was thinking, take the cover (broken) off, and since its a circle, just follow it al the way up the wiper and remove it from there, slip the new one in :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom