Choosing spring rates for King shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got it back!!!!!! OMG SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!

Height right after 800 lbs are installed (Expected to drop a bit after they settle). Almost no pre-load
Fronts 23.5 up from 20.75.

Ride quality and issues
I did not experience any issues with the axles after the lift.
The ride quality is amazing! Not stiff at all and the truck handles wayyy better. A lot less nose dive and leaning into corners.

OOHricj.jpg

Q4aiE0n.jpg

5SjJtWM.jpg

UvyEahK.jpg

I'll make measurements after my trip to shaver lake and commuting to work for a couple weeks.

Finally got some measurements after a trip and a couple weeks of driving around.
The fronts dropped to 22.5 inches. Measuring from the center of the hub to the fender.
The ride has also gotten a tad softer. I would say the overall ride is on the softer side and is perfect for long road trips. I'm pretty happy with the ride quality and the height these springs give. I would recommend this to anyone thinking about doing a front bumper, winch and skids setup.

Here are some photos after breaking them in.

kvNnRWB.jpg

cQVbw6V.jpg

Last edited:
Great write up and beautiful truck!

I plan on going with Kings when its time to lift the LC and had a couple questions for you... When selecting your Kings, did you consider going with the 3.0s? If so, what factors did you consider that led you to choose the 2.5s over the 3.0s? Did the guys at King explain why they changed from 14" to 16" front shocks? Your follow-up pics make it clear that the 800lb springs were the way to go! Great work...

Great write up and beautiful truck!

I plan on going with Kings when its time to lift the LC and had a couple questions for you... When selecting your Kings, did you consider going with the 3.0s? If so, what factors did you consider that led you to choose the 2.5s over the 3.0s? Did the guys at King explain why they changed from 14" to 16" front shocks? Your follow-up pics make it clear that the 800lb springs were the way to go! Great work...
The 3.0 setup more than doubles the price of the setup. I didn't really think it was something we needed for this build. That said, I would love to own an LC with that setup in the future lol.
The decision to go with a 16" was because king does not offer a 800lbs spring at 14".

So I am ready to pull the trigger on Kings setup. Where are you buying your kits from?

I emailed Ben at Filthy Motorsports but they seem to be too busy to take the order now, perhaps I need to call them. It seems like they are familiar with LC200 platform, so I thought it is a good bet, but wondering if there are other reliable sources as well. Thanks.

So I am ready to pull the trigger on Kings setup. Where are you buying your kits from?

I emailed Ben at Filthy Motorsports but they seem to be too busy to take the order now, perhaps I need to call them. It seems like they are familiar with LC200 platform, so I thought it is a good bet, but wondering if there are other reliable sources as well. Thanks.
Filthy motorsports is a good place. I got my springs from them. I purchased my king shocks from a friend in the industry. If it wasn’t for that connection I would have gotten it from filthy motorsports.

The 3.0 setup more than doubles the price of the setup. I didn't really think it was something we needed for this build. That said, I would love to own an LC with that setup in the future lol.
The decision to go with a 16" was because king does not offer a 800lbs spring at 14".

That being said...would the spring recommendation be any different if it were 3.0 vs 2.5 Kings?

That being said...would the spring recommendation be any different if it were 3.0 vs 2.5 Kings?
Can’t speak for the 3.0 shock. I’d contact filthy motorsports or a similar reseller

I just bought (Cyber Monday) the 2.5 front and rears from SDHQ in Gilbert, AZ. They told me 4-6 weeks but they showed up last week.

Tried getting through to Filthy a few times but they aren't even answering their phone now.

Perfect timing.

Just fitted King to my 17 VX (Australia) using 16" 700lbs springs, can't remember rear rate but the front sits low compared to it.

Did you try the 700's with stock bumper? if so, how much preload did you end up at?
I'm currently about 1" preload, I went 1 more tune the other day without removing the shocks and that was a royal PITA to do with just compressing the spring with ratchet straps. Are you adjusting preload in the vehicle or removing the shocks to do it?
Worried if I crank too much preload in to get level ride I will get a harsh ride, maybe i'm better adding a spacer to the top?

Perfect timing.

Just fitted King to my 17 VX (Australia) using 16" 700lbs springs, can't remember rear rate but the front sits low compared to it.

Did you try the 700's with stock bumper? if so, how much preload did you end up at?
I'm currently about 1" preload, I went 1 more tune the other day without removing the shocks and that was a royal PITA to do with just compressing the spring with ratchet straps. Are you adjusting preload in the vehicle or removing the shocks to do it?
Worried if I crank too much preload in to get level ride I will get a harsh ride, maybe i'm better adding a spacer to the top?

Are you taking the weight off the vehicle when you're adjusting the preload? Spray some lubricant onto the threads too.

How are the 3.0 kings working out ... I'm considering doing the same setup with my LC . I have concern with a 600 to 700 lb spring with the weight up front .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom