Choosing Mamba turbo from among their many options..... Clueless (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've done a lot of reading here and still don't really understand all of the different turbo configurations. At this point, I really just want to get my BJ74 13BT back on the road. My initial attempt with a Supra CT26 failed, so I'm going to go the Mamba Bolt on route. But there are lots of options, many indicating a need to modify the air filter to fit a 3" port.

Can someone help me chose a the simplest version that will just bolt on so I can get back on the road?

I'm guessing its the CT26 Mini, but even among those there are options ranging from 53.1/71 to 46/65 (compressor wheel).

I'm feeling overwhelmed here....

Hey mate, can’t offer a recommendation but if you email their support team they can recommend a turbo.
try to include as much info as you can (engine, intake/exhaust size, whether you are going to intercool, what boost pressure you’d like to run, whether you want peak power or response...)

that said, depending who responds may or may not be that helpful. At the very least you can post up their recommendation for review on here.

I’ve purchased a few mamba turbos, the quality looks good for the price (better than cheap eBay stuff) although I have had a oil leak/seal failure on first startup... it’s currently on its way back for warranty, so will let you know what they say).
Cheers

Hey mate, can’t offer a recommendation but if you email their support team they can recommend a turbo.
try to include as much info as you can (engine, intake/exhaust size, whether you are going to intercool, what boost pressure you’d like to run, whether you want peak power or response...)

that said, depending who responds may or may not be that helpful. At the very least you can post up their recommendation for review on here.

I’ve purchased a few mamba turbos, the quality looks good for the price (better than cheap eBay stuff) although I have had a oil leak/seal failure on first startup... it’s currently on its way back for warranty, so will let you know what they say).
Cheers

I've heard good things about Mamba/Kinugawa but I've also hear a chunk of these things about little things, seal failures, hitting houses etc. I don't think it's a super common issue and the customer support always gets good reviews. I would take them over an unknown ebay company though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom