Chineese Made LC80 / FZJ80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way the poorly translated article describes the steering fits what a lifted and worn 80 feels like, that thing must be really scary on the highway!

Yeah, I'd be a little leery of any vehicle produced by a company known as Fuq-i.:slap:

On the other hand, it does have an oak interior...;)

duplicate post

'Pittsburgh transportation'

Harbor freight, eat your heart out

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe my $50 gift card will be enough for one of these? I will probably have to buy the $6 protection plan to feel safe though.

Current 7x series trucks all have either 8 or 11 leaf leaf packs in the rear.

:meh:

True, but that doesn't come to the point. The 70 has gone virtually without change in 30 years. I doubt that when they released the "updated" version in 2002 or 2007 Toyota considered going back to front springs...

Taking an 80 which has a fairly comfortable ride (worlds better than any 70) to rear springs is a huge downgrade in my book.

Its impressive how much older vehicles the chinese have reproduced and significantly downgraded. I've seen basic models like a Hilux, Rav4 and Rush and higher-end models like the older style BMW X series and the 80. They are all impressively crappy.

That one hall at SEMA gets bigger every year.... you know the one I am talking about. It is all dark and sketchy and if you get too close, they pull you in.

Now here is the real question -- If you had to choose, would you take this over the new Chrysler 200 Oh! I mean New Jeep Cherokee...

Me I'd take this China Built 80 over the New Jeep Cherokee... Seriously as most of you know in the US we have a crappy 4x4 market, heck even the FJ is going away.

Now here is the real question -- If you had to choose, would you take this over the new Chrysler 200 Oh! I mean New Jeep Cherokee...

Me I'd take this China Built 80 over the New Jeep Cherokee... Seriously as most of you know in the US we have a crappy 4x4 market, heck even the FJ is going away.

This is precisely why you are seeing the price of Land Cruisers rise across the board. Go out and price new SUV style 4X4s, that wont go where your LC goes. You invest $30K in a 60 or 80 series and you've got something. Invest twice that in a new 4X4 SUV or pick up and it wont be worth $40K in 3 years!!

Fuqi?! No, FUQ-YOU!

I wonder what it would cost, if Toyota would sell them, to buy drawings for parts that are out of production...
I like the look of this truck, but I don't think it would make me smile with my beat and rusted FJ80....

Have you seen this Arizona based company? https://localmotors.com/

It would be very cool if they could make custom 4x4's via a 3D Printer!

Hmm...they have insulted one of the legendary vehicle!!! That is a big down grade, I would buy an old 80 series than a new Chinese copycat version any day. I have seen one of the copycat X3 and BMW sued the Chinese manufacturer.

I actually like the styling of that front bumper and rear the tail lights better than the original 80. I never thought the original front bumper was quite right in regards to style and how it integrates with the front end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom