Chevy TBI, what do I need (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a question for your chevy guys. Just ran across a TBI 350 for $200-300.

First off, does that sound like a decent deal? It would definitely get rebuilt before it got dropped in the cruiser.

It is in an 89 blazer, where would the computer and all the electronic stuff be located so I knew that I got all the right stuff? If anyone had a list of all the parts I needed to snag while I was pulling the engine I would appreciate that as well.

Finally, if I just took the intake and electronics are there any problems bolting it on to most other 350's? What would be a decent price for just the intake/electronics? Thanks much.

take the whole motor and trace every single wire to it's source....I purchased a complete 1991 Chev van with the 350 TBI for $200...the wire harness is "relatively" separate from the horn/lights/etc.

Also, read my writeup and print out those wire diagrams....TBI wiring is largely the same across the various years.

The intake to head holes are different on the FI motors. It's easily machinable and GM made an adapter from TBI to spread bore, (although I can't get mine to run right at the moment). Some of the things you want are not all that easily identifiable. The VSS is easily overlooked, for instance. The Blazer ECM was in the passenger kick panel on the s-10s. They are either there or under the dash on the full size, I think.
You would want the serp belt system too, I would think. Get at least the motor.

I would get the whole truck, but he wants $1500 for it, the heads and intake are out, but the block is still there (has been for a few months). That is why I was thinking about putting it on a different block. I am going to go look at it tonight and see what kind of a mess the wires are in. I have a feeling when he took the intake off nothing was labeled or traced.

i dont know about you but my electrical ability just got scared off when you said the motor is apart and you cant tell where things are or where they went. :ugh:
i would stay away from it but thats just me.
shawn

another thing youll be rebuilding it!!
you can find a good runner for like 500 if you look for it.and it will be an easier swap than tackling what youre thinking of doing with this motor
read woodys tbi swap in the tech section.i know he had fun with that :G
wires suck
shawn

Went and looked at it last night. It was a mess! I think I will take everyone's advice and wait until a whole vehicle shows up for cheap that I can do everything the right way. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom