Check Engine Light + VSC TRAC + VSC OFF 2006 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OEMGUY0720

Der liebe Gott steckt im detail
SILVER Star
Threads
First of all a HUGE THANK YOU! to this forum I was able to learn a lot and put it in good use troubleshooting my newly acquired 2006 LX470.

Took it home to Las Vegas from Houston TX 3rd of May. No CEL, all went well. May 4 CEL + VSC TRAC + VSC OFF went up. At this point I have no access yet to ih8mud forums. So I took advice from guys at autozone, got one of their gas cap ($13). CEL still up. Went to the cheap alternative -Amazon ordered O2 sensors, installed it, again still CEL was up.

Brought to to a nearby autoshop to get it scanned and tech was telling me I may have “fried” the computer because the O2 sensors is not giving out any “ground fluctuations”. He told me I need to first change the O2 sensors to factory/original ones as well as the original gas cap.

Now at this point I had to dig deeper, found ih8mud and signed up and read and read and found some useful information -got the part numbers. Even brought with me the old O2 sensors to make sure. I went to both Lexus and Toyota dealerships for a quote, got a $43 discount at Toyota so I pulled the trigger.

Ended up returning the gas cap from Autozone and the Denso O2 sensors from Ebay.

Lesson learned: if it’s sensors and/or sensitive computer/engine parts, go for original/authentic and specific make/model parts.
5BECA00D-E7B2-410F-B185-BBBCA8433619.jpeg

BD276D25-529E-4982-BF72-3F27B1FBF2AC.jpeg
00982F3D-8270-4A11-B9C9-26244EA3467C.jpeg

04094BE0-D089-46A2-83FE-601AC9DAA6F3.jpeg

Now no more CEL. Cheers! 🍻

First of all a HUGE THANK YOU! to this forum I was able to learn a lot and put it in good use troubleshooting my newly acquired 2006 LX470.

Took it home to Las Vegas from Houston TX 3rd of May. No CEL, all went well. May 4 CEL + VSC TRAC + VSC OFF went up. At this point I have no access yet to ih8mud forums. So I took advice from guys at autozone, got one of their gas cap ($13). CEL still up. Went to the cheap alternative -Amazon ordered O2 sensors, installed it, again still CEL was up.

Brought to to a nearby autoshop to get it scanned and tech was telling me I may have “fried” the computer because the O2 sensors is not giving out any “ground fluctuations”. He told me I need to first change the O2 sensors to factory/original ones as well as the original gas cap.

Now at this point I had to dig deeper, found ih8mud and signed up and read and read and found some useful information -got the part numbers. Even brought with me the old O2 sensors to make sure. I went to both Lexus and Toyota dealerships for a quote, got a $43 discount at Toyota so I pulled the trigger.

Ended up returning the gas cap from Autozone and the Denso O2 sensors from Ebay.

Lesson learned: if it’s sensors and/or sensitive computer/engine parts, go for original/authentic and specific make/model parts.View attachment 1984379
View attachment 1984380View attachment 1984382
View attachment 1984384

Now no more CEL. Cheers! 🍻
Glad to know it got fixed. Did you get a chance to scan the code before changing all these stuff? if so what was the code?

Glad to know it got fixed. Did you get a chance to scan the code before changing all these stuff? if so what was the code?
Other thing to realize is that there are plenty of FAKE Denso items floating around on eBay and Amazon. Very likely that those could have been fake and making things worse as Denso is OE for MULTIPLE Toyota/Lexus parts. Always try to buy those from a reputable dealer.

@OEMGUY0720 - If you want you can private message me but whatever you do, should you decide to do anything to your truck, DO NOT use 4Wheel Parts in Vegas. Alita, my LC, came from Vegas and had work done by them. I am not having to spend a good amount of money to repair/replace their screw-ups.

Totally have forgotten this thread as I am sometimes busy doing daddy duties. But no unfortunately I have neither my OBD2 scanner with me nor techstream installed with a working cable yet on my laptop during that time. It was a blind troubleshooting process for me -and costly lessons were learned during that week of working on it.

Other thing to realize is that there are plenty of FAKE Denso items floating around on eBay and Amazon. Very likely that those could have been fake and making things worse as Denso is OE for MULTIPLE Toyota/Lexus parts. Always try to buy those from a reputable dealer.

@OEMGUY0720 - If you want you can private message me but whatever you do, should you decide to do anything to your truck, DO NOT use 4Wheel Parts in Vegas. Alita, my LC, came from Vegas and had work done by them. I am not having to spend a good amount of money to repair/replace their screw-ups.
Thanks for the tag and tip, yeah I think I will agree with you with the 4WP store/shop here in Vegas the vibe is off and customer service was really poor. It felt like we were just not welcomed there and “newbie” questions aren’t that entertained over there or if you aren’t spending a ton of $$$ they just looked too busy for me and a friend (we went there on 2 cars my LX and his V8raptor).

Totally have forgotten this thread as I am sometimes busy doing daddy duties. But no unfortunately I have neither my OBD2 scanner with me nor techstream installed with a working cable yet on my laptop during that time. It was a blind troubleshooting process for me -and costly lessons were learned during that week of working on it.

Thanks for the tag and tip, yeah I think I will agree with you with the 4WP store/shop here in Vegas the vibe is off and customer service was really poor. It felt like we were just not welcomed there and “newbie” questions aren’t that entertained over there or if you aren’t spending a ton of $$$ they just looked too busy for me and a friend (we went there on 2 cars my LX and his V8raptor).

Yup... After seeing what I have seen so far with the work they did for the PO of Alita and what I am looking at having to spend to "correct" their issues, yeah I wouldn't sweat it. Find a good, local, smallish shop to do the work or take a pilgrimage to see one of the guys in Cali or Utah to get your LC/LX work done. We have a 4WP not far from me and I rolled up in my 60 one day when I first got it. Got that exact same type of vibe, if you aren't there in a JEEP or flash big money, they ain't got time for you. I went there specifically because they were running a promo on their website (sign up for the newsletter and get XYZ gift free, no small print or anything saying things like "participating shops only") for a free SmittyBuilt snatch strap, figured I didn't have one and Free was a good price. Glad I printed out the promo because the "store manager" argued with me telling me that I was trying to scam him and created it myself, until one of his techs came by and showed him on his phone that it was legit. Guy looked at me, scowled and said "I don't think I have those in stock" (mind you not looking at a computer or anything) and the same tech dropped it on the counter and said "Here it is XYZ" and left. The guy pushed it towards me, didn't say a word and turned around and walked away. Never been back since, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom