Chasing a bolt number - ground wire on block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RyanTomorrow

Livin the livin.
SILVER Star
Threads
Gang:

While installing @Fourrunner’s excellent cable upgrade, my dumb@$$ broke the head off the bolt that connects the ground wire to the block from the firewall:

F8302AE1-7A58-4CB7-83C7-5FF9467FAB26.jpeg

I’m now going to try to drill it out, but I cannot find the proper replacement bolt size in the Toyota catalog. Anyone else been down this road?

Alright, I *think* I found the right one:

91651-60816

Let me know if you think I’ve got it wrong. Otherwise I’ll just leave this thread here for the dumb@$$es that follow in my footsteps.:censor:

Joey, I was going to DM you on IG to ask this very question but stopped myself, saying “That hombre has his hands full, he don’t need me wasting his time with this nonsense”.

:grinpimp:

@NLXTACY now if you’ve got some tips on getting that broken bastard out of that hole, I’m allll ears.

Move the ground 1 bolt to the right.

yeah? That’s kosher? Just attach the cable to that other bolt and wash my hands of the broken one, no harm done other than how it looks?

yeah? That’s kosher? Just attach the cable to that other bolt and wash my hands of the broken one, no harm done other than how it looks?
You're moving it 2" to the right on the head. Those electrons are not going to know the difference.
The only issue you might run into is adding a York compressor bracket that uses those holes.

You could actually move it 14" down and to the left and in or out a bit and you'll never know the diff. Hell mine was disconnected and I didn't notice.

Thanks for all the input. It was the right bolt, for the record. As suggested by @jonheld, attached the ground to the bolt to the right. Seems to be working (though I don’t know that I’d know if it wasn’t)! Will leave the broken one until I get to installing @NLXTACY ’s turbo kit. :cool:
04113876-0412-4472-91BB-EC271EECF4FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom