Chances of finding a semi-local FJ62 without rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

New here but been on the hunt for an FJ62 with good body that I can start my project with. Likely going to V8 swap it, so engine is less important than bodywork.

Pipedream to find an example under $15k?

Thanks
Brian

Hey Brian,

Welcome!!

You might also join the Landcruiser for sale group on Facebook, if you desire. I assume you checked out the Classifieds section of this website? It's a very active group with lots of cruisers for sale and you may get lucky!

1657816409602.png

If the engine doesn't matter then you should add the FJ60 to your list. Unless you must have square headlights and mirrors.

Hey Brian,

Welcome!!

You might also join the Landcruiser for sale group on Facebook, if you desire. I assume you checked out the Classifieds section of this website? It's a very active group with lots of cruisers for sale and you may get lucky!

View attachment 3058869
Thanks Ali, Ill do that. I have seen the classifieds here on the forum, but nothing quite right yet has hit my eyes. Ill take a look at the facebook group (i deleted my FB a long time ago, so well see how that works)

If the engine doesn't matter then you should add the FJ60 to your list. Unless you must have square headlights and mirrors.
Hey Pappy, while the engine matters less, I think i will still drive it atleast originally with the stock setup as a second car. But I really do prefer the FJ62 headlights. (maybe ever since Terminal List FJ62)

Thanks
Brian

(maybe ever since Terminal List FJ62)

Thanks
Brian

So, my daughter and I watched an episode of Terminal list and we noticed couple of things:
- is there a V8 under there? It has a nice growl
- those LED lights are quite lovely, not my thing but still, nicely done.
-I'm only in few episodes but hopefully the 62 gets a workout in future episodes. 🤔

This reminds me of the 80 that was in the last Terminator movie. It has awesome accel and awesome brakes, which made me wonder the same thing too!

Anyway Brian, hope to see at the breakfast this sat @ Daily Grind. :)

If you want a visual treat to see an FJ62 almost every episode, Grimm is streaming on Prime and Nick Burkhardt (main character) drives a very nice FJ62.

So, my daughter and I watched an episode of Terminal list and we noticed couple of things:
- is there a V8 under there? It has a nice growl
- those LED lights are quite lovely, not my thing but still, nicely done.
-I'm only in few episodes but hopefully the 62 gets a workout in future episodes. 🤔

This reminds me of the 80 that was in the last Terminator movie. It has awesome accel and awesome brakes, which made me wonder the same thing too!

Anyway Brian, hope to see at the breakfast this sat @ Daily Grind. :)
There is! The author of the book owns the car, Jack Carr. LS3, etc build by Jonathan Ward, TLC4x4. Not an Icon but very similar. Thats a quarter million dollar dream.

Might have to come to the next one, family booked up this Saturday

Brian

Saw this on my FB feed. This guy is looking for a well pump but look at the two 60s in the background. Apparently they are for sale and I have attached two screenshots to help you connect to the owner. The name of the group is up top.

Screenshot_20220808-185808_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220808-185733_Facebook.jpg

Saw this on my FB feed. This guy is looking for a well pump but look at the two 60s in the background. Apparently they are for sale and I have attached two screenshots to help you connect to the owner. The name of the group is up top.

View attachment 3081689

View attachment 3081690
You think its the same guy? This posting and pictures show Corrales, not the east mountains

EDIT: Guys first name is Bryan, so for sure another guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom