Cell signal booster experiences and recommendations ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
I can't seem to find any info on overlanding cell service booster setups in the Hundy section thus far. Some from the GXers but......any LXers owned, used and/or have any recommendations ??

Thanks

there was just a thread a couple of weeks ago about that, started with a review IIRC. Probably not in the 100 section though.

I see the WeBoost antennas regularly on the highway. A company that does long distance wifi out in no man’s around here has them on all their trucks also.

weBoost Drive Reach Overland:

I'm surprised at how expensive these things are, considering what I imagine would be the relatively minor electronics needed. I guess it won't be long before there are chinese clones at 1/10th the price.

I use the weboost where I barely get one bar at hunt camp. The booster sends it up to 3g three bars. It is set for emergency use only since tech is outlawed at hunt camp. I still gave tge 4g phone and the 5g’s aren’t working on this weboost.

I use the weboost where I barely get one bar at hunt camp. The booster sends it up to 3g three bars. It is set for emergency use only since tech is outlawed at hunt camp. I still gave tge 4g phone and the 5g’s aren’t working on this weboost.
Ah, but which weBoost is it?

I'm surprised at how expensive these things are, considering what I imagine would be the relatively minor electronics needed. I guess it won't be long before there are chinese clones at 1/10th the price.
Wholly agreed.
What's inside, pure gold?
Besides the overlords get none of my help in tracking me when I don't want to be tracked.

I have had this in my Amazon wish list for some time

RV Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car RV Truck OTR Vehicle Cell Phone Booster RV Car 5G 4G LTE Band 13/12/17 Verizon T Mobile Signal Booster RV AT&T Signal Booster RV Cell Booster Extender for RV Car https://a.co/d/32fuGH0

I’m looking now

I have had this in my Amazon wish list for some time

RV Cell Phone Signal Booster for Car RV Truck OTR Vehicle Cell Phone Booster RV Car 5G 4G LTE Band 13/12/17 Verizon T Mobile Signal Booster RV AT&T Signal Booster RV Cell Booster Extender for RV Car https://a.co/d/32fuGH0
Higher ratings & more ratings, maybe the exact same inside. (?)

Edit: The ratings are of the vendor, not specifically this product. Nothing to see here. I'll leave the link in any case.

Amazon product ASIN B0BKFPJXBT

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Just my 2 cts as I bit the bullet a while ago. (June 2020) and have been using it since.

For the price, the experience is a bit underwhelming to be honest. I do get coverage in underground parking where if I don't have the booster it wont work. I feel it works, but marginally. I alternate the use of the rig where the booster is installed and that is the rig that sees the most use when offroading. While offroad the experience is very similar, marginally better experiences but not too much to write home about. The reality is that with the price point I paid (500US) I was honestly expecting MUCH more. I recently bought the Overland Antenna and will be installing it soon. I will post an update where hopefully things will get significantly better.

In conclusion, I feel the best coverage you can get (at least in my experience) is having multiple providers in order to play with coverage/providers. 500US and 115US for the antenna goes a long way towards other investments.

I got mine for around $400 a few years back. It made a difference in places like Texas where I was deep in a ranch with limited coverage. We used them a lot on pipeline and it made a difference, but most of my area I worked was flat (Kansas, E Colorado, Oklahoma, ect).

Back home in the mountains though, it doesn’t work well at all. Once you’re in a valley with no service it stays that way and once you get deep enough in forest service roads it really doesn’t matter.

these are great reviews, thank you for that!!

If you get the Drive Reach Weboost jump on Amazon and Weboost sells the 18” extension for the OTR antenna. It helps. I have mine 12 volt portable

IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7115.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom