CEL light on with the VSC & TRAC OFF lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a way to turn the VSC & TRAC OFF lights off (and keep their functions active) and just ignore the CEL lights on since this is the combination of lights on by design?
My 2005 (170K miles) LC 100 has had the lights on and off over the past 3-4 years now and I was able to reset it with OBDII and have them off for months at a time, but now it comes back within a day of two so I'm not sure if the cat is getting really clogged or what? Been thinking about the Magnaflow direct fit but then I heard some say if it is not OEM, the light may come back.
Talked to couple of dealerships, it is about $1700 for one side and but labor is only an hour. Is there any way around this Cat issue or is OEM the ONLY way to go? I intend to keep this rig for as long as I can. Is there a way to keep the traction controls still functioning with the CEL light on? I was also told the cat will eventually get so clogged that car will not operate correctly, stall or just stop running. Is that this will ultimately end up?

Try replacing the O2 sensor first, most of the time it'll solve the P420/430 code.

Right? To answer your questions - yes you could pull the bulbs for the lights, but you create a risk if you ever sell it. Yes, a cat can fail if you ignore an o2 sensor that's bad and it's dumping fuel on the catalyst material. Yes, the car will not operate correctly with failed cats.

O2 sensors were checked out fine. And if it were the O2's would the code be thrown as well? Sounds like OEM Cat is only way then.

O2 sensors were checked out fine. And if it were the O2's would the code be thrown as well? Sounds like OEM Cat is only way then.
What code is it giving you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom